Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else think rice eaters are just delusional sugar addicts? page

Anyone else think rice eaters are just delusional sugar addicts?

Shop Now
    This forum seems pretty useless to me, was just wondering if anyone was coming from that perspective.

IMO, most people on this forum think they need carb refeeds and such because they have never gone without them long enough to get the body fully adjusted.

I only eat quality meat and vegetables and a bit of fruit and a very small amount of nuts. What I don't think a lot of people understand is that cheats just lead to other cheats. Everyone is so proud to get their 20% in, it's just a cycle of addiction.

People think there is just one period of "low carb flu" but it is actually a series of low energy periods as your body gets fully adjusted.

Not hating with the term addict, it seems to offend some folk

Just saying, im completely ripped, can lift more than ever, have tons of energy, eat in a 4 hour window most days, i don't get sunburn anymore, i seem to be getting more muscular all the time and i hardly work out...seems to be the way to for me. You don't need excessive carbs to build muscle. And why is chronic cardio supported so much on the fitness forum? I have coached a few people thru complete withdraw from sugar and they all seem pretty happy about it. Mostly girls, gotta keep them in shape you know? They are very resistent to giving up chocolate usually, lol, but eventually they realize the sugar from chocolate is making them feel bad.
    Last edited by mostofthetime7; 10-02-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Anyone else think fat-eaters are delusional butter addicts?

Have you stopped beating your wife?
    ďThe whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Making this your what second post?...and doing a "call out" is kinda douche like dude. Hell I'm low carb, but I don't think anything is certain. "Rice eaters" may just be better adapted to starch genetically. I'm better off without "too much" of it, but I can't speak for everyone. If rice actually is a crutch for any sugar addicts then its an F'n GREAT CRUTCH to use. Use it till it breaks IMO....and especially in the context of the primal diet that includes enough fat to blunt the negative effects of GI anyhow with healthy fats.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Making this your what second post?...and doing a "call out" is kinda douche like dude. Hell I'm low carb, but I don't think anything is certain. "Rice eaters" may just be better adapted to starch genetically. I'm better off without "too much" of it, but I can't speak for everyone. If rice actually is a crutch for any sugar addicts then its an F'n GREAT CRUTCH to use. Use it till it breaks IMO....and especially in the context of the primal diet that includes enough fat to blunt the negative effects of GI anyhow with healthy fats.
    I'm not calling anyone out. To say that including enough fats completely negates the negative effects of carbs is speculative at best.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i can only think of 2 people on this forum who have talked about 'carb refeeds' in a serious manner, and one of them is searching for his food jesus
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Iím gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Well, good morrow to you too, troll.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    he can't be a troll, he's totes ripped!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Iím gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Alright, now to my alter ego where I reconsider your question without bias that you decided to make your first inquiry quite and inflammatory remark....yes it could be a crutch to addiction and I do actually recommend anyone starting Primal do it "right" for at least 30 days. And according to Mark and Robb (Primal and Paleo) that would be no rice. BUT, rice is not sugar, not wheat, it maybe empty calories but its harmless empties for many people......Add back in as you see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Alright, now to my alter ego where I reconsider your question without bias that you decided to make your first inquiry quite and inflammatory remark....yes it could be a crutch to addiction and I do actually recommend anyone starting Primal do it "right" for at least 30 days. And according to Mark and Robb (Primal and Paleo) that would be no rice. BUT, rice is not sugar, not wheat, it maybe empty calories but its harmless empties for many people......Add back in as you see fit.
    Rice gets broken down into simple sugars for the body to use, doesn't it?

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Learn More
    Some people CAN handle rice, and the amount of it would be a factor as well. I could eat about 500g of carbs every day when I was 20, and I was scary skinny. Now at 47? Not so much. I also could eat more carbs when my job was more physical, but as driving replaces the walking (not my choice) then I'm less able to handle it.

So it just depends.

But I do think it's a little rude to be preaching to everyone here right after you join, when you don't really know what issues people are dealing with or how much they have been successful or failed with it.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast