Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else think rice eaters are just delusional sugar addicts? page 8

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    gonna flip this thread around. to the op, are you aware that countless cultures "paleo" diets are actually high carb diets? and what are your goals? longevity? how could you argue with traditional asian or mediterranean diets in terms of longevity and carb consumption? strength? you'd be stronger if you ate some carbs. abs? you can have abs by eating cake every day. don't forget about those nasty little things called calories. just because your n=1 is what it is now, doesn't mean it will always be that way. how long have you eaten low carb? you might start to see some of the negative effects sometime soon. low T, trouble sleeping, gaining bodyfat, loss of strength. this forum is for people to help each other, not make jabs because you think you know everything

Quote Originally Posted by Credodisi View Post
    So I can't seem to find it .. but this one is close. Mom always added chorizo too. Saffron is key but kinda pricey.

Seafood Paella Recipe at Epicurious.com
    that one looks good to me

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    It makes me laugh that some people need to tell everyone else how awesome they are.

When you really are awesome, you don't need to tell people, they tell you.
    Yeah I know they tell me all the time in person.

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    gonna flip this thread around. to the op, are you aware that countless cultures "paleo" diets are actually high carb diets? and what are your goals? longevity? how could you argue with traditional asian or mediterranean diets in terms of longevity and carb consumption? strength? you'd be stronger if you ate some carbs. abs? you can have abs by eating cake every day. don't forget about those nasty little things called calories. just because your n=1 is what it is now, doesn't mean it will always be that way. how long have you eaten low carb? you might start to see some of the negative effects sometime soon. low T, trouble sleeping, gaining bodyfat, loss of strength. this forum is for people to help each other, not make jabs because you think you know everything
    There are many variables that can cause a person to do low carb incorrectly.

Just because one culture lives longer than another, doesn't mean both of their diets aren't far from optimal.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I only eat quality meat and vegetables and a bit of fruit and a very small amount of nuts. What I don't think a lot of people understand is that cheats just lead to other cheats. Everyone is so proud to get their 20% in, it's just a cycle of addiction.
    I agree with you on the "cheats leading to other cheats". However. Changing life long eating habits is a REALLY FUCKING HARD THING TO DO. It's really hard when not only do you have biological cravings, but also use food as an emotional crutch. I don't think ANYONE feels great about needing chocolate daily or an inability to eat clean 100%, but we are all feeling great about eating much better than we used to. So yeah, maybe someone has a cup of rice with their meat and veggies, but it replaced a pizza or some fries. Maybe someone needs a nightly square of dark chocolate but they used to sit in front of the TV with a package of Oreos.

I gave up my last remaining cheats this month and while I thought they were just about pleasure/indulging myself I didn't realize how emotionally driven they actually were. That chocolate used to soothe me as my husband was on his 6th beer. Without it, I had to actually deal. It was a scary (and still is) a scary thing to address the issues food suppresses. I was fat and happy. Because like a drug, I always had some sugar to right things.

I'm glad it was easy for you. But realize that people have 101 things at play OTHER THAN WILLPOWER to work through to get to an ideal diet, coupled with the fact that many people like to eat carbs as they feel it makes them healthier, which may well be the case.

So cut people a break and give them time to evolve and realize their path and diet may differ from yours and lead to the results that they want.

Quote Originally Posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
    There are many variables that can cause a person to do low carb incorrectly.

Just because one culture lives longer than another, doesn't mean both of their diets aren't far from optimal.
    so you won't answer the questions?

i mean, i agree with the fact that you can do low-carb incorrectly, but are you implying you have it all figured out? because i'm sure there are a ton of people here who would love your insight

one may argue that a long, well lived and disease free life would be something to aim for. those 2 cultures certainly have achieved that without the benefit of low carb eating.

i have a funny feeling you'll either disappear from this forum or you'll be singing a totally different song a year from now

so you won't answer the questions?

i mean, i agree with the fact that you can do low-carb incorrectly, but are you implying you have it all figured out? because i'm sure there are a ton of people here who would love your insight

one may argue that a long, well lived and disease free life would be something to aim for. those 2 cultures certainly have achieved that without the benefit of low carb eating.

i have a funny feeling you'll either disappear from this forum or you'll be singing a totally different song a year from now
    You're not very smart. You say your sure there are a ton of people that would love my insight, yet when I post with my insights you call me a dbag.

Like I said before well lived and disease free is just relative to other cultures that eat even worse foods.

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I agree with you on the "cheats leading to other cheats". However. Changing life long eating habits is a REALLY FUCKING HARD THING TO DO. It's really hard when not only do you have biological cravings, but also use food as an emotional crutch. I don't think ANYONE feels great about needing chocolate daily or an inability to eat clean 100%, but we are all feeling great about eating much better than we used to. So yeah, maybe someone has a cup of rice with their meat and veggies, but it replaced a pizza or some fries. Maybe someone needs a nightly square of dark chocolate but they used to sit in front of the TV with a package of Oreos.

I gave up my last remaining cheats this month and while I thought they were just about pleasure/indulging myself I didn't realize how emotionally driven they actually were. That chocolate used to soothe me as my husband was on his 6th beer. Without it, I had to actually deal. It was a scary (and still is) a scary thing to address the issues food suppresses. I was fat and happy. Because like a drug, I always had some sugar to right things.

I'm glad it was easy for you. But realize that people have 101 things at play OTHER THAN WILLPOWER to work through to get to an ideal diet, coupled with the fact that many people like to eat carbs as they feel it makes them healthier, which may well be the case.

So cut people a break and give them time to evolve and realize their path and diet may differ from yours and lead to the results that they want.
    People would have much more success if they didn't delude themselves into thinking they weren't addicted like most of this board does.

Quote Originally Posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
    You're not very smart. You say your sure there are a ton of people that would love my insight, yet when I post with my insights you call me a dbag.

Like I said before well lived and disease free is just relative to other cultures that eat even worse foods.
    there is a difference between posting some insight and coming off like a jackass.

so in your opinion, have you achieved the perfect diet? have you tested all variables? i.e. adding more carbs, adding rice, more fruit, less fruit, eating more wild game, vegetarianism, veganism, etc? has any culture ever achieved the perfect diet yet? serious questions

there is a difference between posting some insight and coming off like a jackass.

so in your opinion, have you achieved the perfect diet? have you tested all variables? i.e. adding more carbs, adding rice, more fruit, less fruit, eating more wild game, vegetarianism, veganism, etc? has any culture ever achieved the perfect diet yet? serious questions
    Just because my confidence offends you isn't my problem. You're the one who is coming off like a jackass. I'm done responding to your posts.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast