Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 237

Thread: Anyone else think rice eaters are just delusional sugar addicts? page 8

  1. #71
    magnolia1973's Avatar
    magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,984
    Primal Fuel
    I only eat quality meat and vegetables and a bit of fruit and a very small amount of nuts. What I don't think a lot of people understand is that cheats just lead to other cheats. Everyone is so proud to get their 20% in, it's just a cycle of addiction.
    I agree with you on the "cheats leading to other cheats". However. Changing life long eating habits is a REALLY FUCKING HARD THING TO DO. It's really hard when not only do you have biological cravings, but also use food as an emotional crutch. I don't think ANYONE feels great about needing chocolate daily or an inability to eat clean 100%, but we are all feeling great about eating much better than we used to. So yeah, maybe someone has a cup of rice with their meat and veggies, but it replaced a pizza or some fries. Maybe someone needs a nightly square of dark chocolate but they used to sit in front of the TV with a package of Oreos.

    I gave up my last remaining cheats this month and while I thought they were just about pleasure/indulging myself I didn't realize how emotionally driven they actually were. That chocolate used to soothe me as my husband was on his 6th beer. Without it, I had to actually deal. It was a scary (and still is) a scary thing to address the issues food suppresses. I was fat and happy. Because like a drug, I always had some sugar to right things.

    I'm glad it was easy for you. But realize that people have 101 things at play OTHER THAN WILLPOWER to work through to get to an ideal diet, coupled with the fact that many people like to eat carbs as they feel it makes them healthier, which may well be the case.

    So cut people a break and give them time to evolve and realize their path and diet may differ from yours and lead to the results that they want.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    4,522
    Quote Originally Posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
    There are many variables that can cause a person to do low carb incorrectly.

    Just because one culture lives longer than another, doesn't mean both of their diets aren't far from optimal.
    so you won't answer the questions?

    i mean, i agree with the fact that you can do low-carb incorrectly, but are you implying you have it all figured out? because i'm sure there are a ton of people here who would love your insight

    one may argue that a long, well lived and disease free life would be something to aim for. those 2 cultures certainly have achieved that without the benefit of low carb eating.

    i have a funny feeling you'll either disappear from this forum or you'll be singing a totally different song a year from now

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    so you won't answer the questions?

    i mean, i agree with the fact that you can do low-carb incorrectly, but are you implying you have it all figured out? because i'm sure there are a ton of people here who would love your insight

    one may argue that a long, well lived and disease free life would be something to aim for. those 2 cultures certainly have achieved that without the benefit of low carb eating.

    i have a funny feeling you'll either disappear from this forum or you'll be singing a totally different song a year from now
    You're not very smart. You say your sure there are a ton of people that would love my insight, yet when I post with my insights you call me a dbag.

    Like I said before well lived and disease free is just relative to other cultures that eat even worse foods.

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I agree with you on the "cheats leading to other cheats". However. Changing life long eating habits is a REALLY FUCKING HARD THING TO DO. It's really hard when not only do you have biological cravings, but also use food as an emotional crutch. I don't think ANYONE feels great about needing chocolate daily or an inability to eat clean 100%, but we are all feeling great about eating much better than we used to. So yeah, maybe someone has a cup of rice with their meat and veggies, but it replaced a pizza or some fries. Maybe someone needs a nightly square of dark chocolate but they used to sit in front of the TV with a package of Oreos.

    I gave up my last remaining cheats this month and while I thought they were just about pleasure/indulging myself I didn't realize how emotionally driven they actually were. That chocolate used to soothe me as my husband was on his 6th beer. Without it, I had to actually deal. It was a scary (and still is) a scary thing to address the issues food suppresses. I was fat and happy. Because like a drug, I always had some sugar to right things.

    I'm glad it was easy for you. But realize that people have 101 things at play OTHER THAN WILLPOWER to work through to get to an ideal diet, coupled with the fact that many people like to eat carbs as they feel it makes them healthier, which may well be the case.

    So cut people a break and give them time to evolve and realize their path and diet may differ from yours and lead to the results that they want.
    People would have much more success if they didn't delude themselves into thinking they weren't addicted like most of this board does.

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    4,522
    Quote Originally Posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
    You're not very smart. You say your sure there are a ton of people that would love my insight, yet when I post with my insights you call me a dbag.

    Like I said before well lived and disease free is just relative to other cultures that eat even worse foods.
    there is a difference between posting some insight and coming off like a jackass.

    so in your opinion, have you achieved the perfect diet? have you tested all variables? i.e. adding more carbs, adding rice, more fruit, less fruit, eating more wild game, vegetarianism, veganism, etc? has any culture ever achieved the perfect diet yet? serious questions

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    there is a difference between posting some insight and coming off like a jackass.

    so in your opinion, have you achieved the perfect diet? have you tested all variables? i.e. adding more carbs, adding rice, more fruit, less fruit, eating more wild game, vegetarianism, veganism, etc? has any culture ever achieved the perfect diet yet? serious questions
    Just because my confidence offends you isn't my problem. You're the one who is coming off like a jackass. I'm done responding to your posts.

  7. #77
    magnolia1973's Avatar
    magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,984
    I dunno, I think above all, people should strive for balance in their lives. Aim for a good mix of happy and optimal. If you are happy with yourself, you shouldn't find much need to attack others. Maybe take a good close look at all aspects of your life and see if they are as optimal as your diet.

    I can tell you, right now I eat perfectly per the primal rules. And my life is actually pretty sad right now. I feel that judgey bitch coming out a lot more. I'm judging people's food choices (silently) because it's all I have right now to take pride in. Ooooo, I eat right.

    I kind of liked myself better when I was eating cookies, and volunteering, getting along with my husband and being social.

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    4,522
    Quote Originally Posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
    Just because my confidence offends you isn't my problem. You're the one who is coming off like a jackass. I'm done responding to your posts.
    so you make inflamatory statements, can't back them up, and refuse to answer any legitimate questions posed to you. awesome. kinda like a 5 year old at the playground.. "i'm taking my ball and i'm going home." yeah, you'll do well here. best of luck to you. i'll be over here enjoying my bowl of post workout rice, after i finish my workout where i warmed up with your PR.

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I dunno, I think above all, people should strive for balance in their lives. Aim for a good mix of happy and optimal. If you are happy with yourself, you shouldn't find much need to attack others. Maybe take a good close look at all aspects of your life and see if they are as optimal as your diet.

    I can tell you, right now I eat perfectly per the primal rules. And my life is actually pretty sad right now. I feel that judgey bitch coming out a lot more. I'm judging people's food choices (silently) because it's all I have right now to take pride in. Ooooo, I eat right.

    I kind of liked myself better when I was eating cookies, and volunteering, getting along with my husband and being social.
    If your so unhappy maybe your not the best one to be giving advice on how to improve my life. I never attacked anyone. I'm very happy and all aspects of my life are great.

    "That chocolate used to soothe me as my husband was on his 6th beer."
    -You

    It seems most of your unhappiness comes from being married to someone who is destroying their health. Do you ever think about how fucked up your husband is going to be in 10 or 20 years? Maybe you should take a close look at your own life and realize how being around sugar addicts can negatively effect your life.

  10. #80
    Toshison's Avatar
    Toshison is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    38
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Here we go again.

    Another elitist on his pedestal thinks he knows whats best for mankind because he read about low carb paleo diets & IFing on the Internet.. Wow, what a hero.

    OP, seems like you and your large ego require plenty of maintenance so perhaps you should just worry about that and not with the majority of the world's population that eats rice and is not perfect like you..

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •