Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else think rice eaters are just delusional sugar addicts? page 6

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
    Just because your parents lived longer than most doesnt mean they had optimal health.
    Yes, I'm well aware that there are plenty of people on CW diets, drinking and smoking their way through their 90s never having heard of paleo. My grandpa is still working and lugging stuff around at 95, however. There are plenty of ways to live a healthy, productive life, paleo/primal is but one. Then again, some people are just lucky in their genetics.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, but it's fun to throw a troll a bone sometime, and I think most of us who have replied are rather bored.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Quote Originally Posted by Nekron View Post
    A bit late but here are the facts:

Op is in fact:
    a) a faggot
    b) fat
    c) not eating low carb but pizza 24/7
    d) a troll

threads done, np
    haha

Quote Originally Posted by counterpuncher View Post
    Personally, I'm glad that the o.p. is in great health. Good for you.
    Blowing your own horn, however, and putting others down that may not be as advanced as you are shows a certain lack of maturity.
    People who have their shit together and are secure within themselves don't have to go around telling others about how great they are. Doing so, especially with complete strangers on an anonymous message board, screams of desperation for attention, and is most definitely a symptom of some underlying problem.
    Good luck to you, O.P.
    I'm so great in part because of how I eat. This is a forum about nutrition. Seems fairly relevant to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Yes, I'm well aware that there are plenty of people on CW diets, drinking and smoking their way through their 90s never having heard of paleo. My grandpa is still working and lugging stuff around at 95, however. There are plenty of ways to live a healthy, productive life, paleo/primal is but one. Then again, some people are just lucky in their genetics.
    Healthy and productive is relative. You just have low standards for what is healthy.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    the paleo community needs less douchebags like the OP. seriously. no wonder we get a bad rap in public. know-it-alls always spouting off about how jacked and ripped they are because they are low carb.. blah blah blah. i bet there are 100 guys on this forum who are more shredded than you are, stronger than you are, healthier than you are, and obviously way more humble than you are. clearly a paleo-newb who thinks they know everything. relax. enjoy life. and stop with the all or nothing inflamatory threads. you'll be a little more well-received here.

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
    I'm so great in part because of how I eat. This is a forum about nutrition. Seems fairly relevant to me.
    I'm sure your eating habits are top-notch, and it's great that you've found an approach that works for you.
    Sharing that info to help others is admirable, but coming across like a condescending know-it-all is not, and simply magnifys your level of immaturity.
    Like I said....Good luck to you.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    How do I prepare this to be delicious???? I have tried popping it into my rice cooker, cooked it in my rice cooker with curry spices, and cooked it with meat and garlic in other dishes, but to no avail. It still tastes dry and tasteless with a cakey texture. How to make it tasty?

On the other hand, sticky rice and jasmine are delicious. I will have a cup now and then.
    Two cups of cold water, one cup of rice (or a similar ratio). Put into a pot on the stovetop, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer gently until water is absorbed, and then allow to stand a couple of minutes before serving. Mine comes out fluffy and tender, not dry at all.

The quality of the rice will make a difference too. I don't buy the cheap basmati--I wait for a larger bag of the good stuff to go on sale.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    the paleo community needs less douchebags like the OP. seriously. no wonder we get a bad rap in public. know-it-alls always spouting off about how jacked and ripped they are because they are low carb.. blah blah blah. i bet there are 100 guys on this forum who are more shredded than you are, stronger than you are, healthier than you are, and obviously way more humble than you are. clearly a paleo-newb who thinks they know everything. relax. enjoy life. and stop with the all or nothing inflamatory threads. you'll be a little more well-received here.
    haha. Why should I be humble? Is it because you still have self doubt and it bothers you when you see someone who doesn't?

Your the one calling me names, maybe you need to relax. Perhaps your eating too much sugar and that's causing your anxiety about the issue.
    Last edited by mostofthetime7; 10-03-2012 at 05:09 AM.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Anyone else have a rice recipe to share?

I made a really killer stirfry the other day with grassfed beef, veggies from my CSA and lots of tasty spices, and served it over rice. Very tasty and a great post-workout dinner.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast