Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else think rice eaters are just delusional sugar addicts? page 3

Glenn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    is this where people start posting studies rebutting your OP? and then you go 'oh snap! here's my rebutt of your rebutt'

like there's been forever so many times here?

did you know there's now a post out there talking about how low carbing stresses the female body?

WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW
    This is why i had to get away from all the food / health sites. There are studies for probably any lifestyle you can imagine that will support / debunk it. I would drive myself crazy looking at all these studies trying to figure out what was the best way to eat. I've found that in the end, as long as you get rid of the big things like grains, PUFAS, and processed carbs and sugars, you're fine. Fill your diet with fresh meats, fruits, and vegetables and be done with it.
    Height: 6'2
    Primal start date: April 1st 2011
    Start Weight: 300.4 lbs
    Current Weight: 226 lbs (1/16/2012)
    Goal weight: 205 lbs
    Total lost so far: 74.4 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by tarek View Post
    Anyone else think human beings are just delusional food addicts?

Your qualifications ("im completely ripped, can lift more than ever, have tons of energy, eat in a 4 hour window most days, i don't get sunburn anymore, i seem to be getting more muscular all the time and i hardly work out") hardly defend your way of life as a universal solution for everyone. What about the many people throughout the health community who tried low carb for years and still failed miserably? What about the people who are just as "ripped" as you but eat high carb?

When you live in a society where Coke Zero and Oreos are the norm, white rice should be the least of your concerns.
    Using society to measure your own health is foolish in my opinion. It's not pretty out there.

Just because your low carb doesn't mean your doing it right. There's not too many people as ripped as me, and i dont know exacatly what they eat but id be surprised. My muscles are very hard and dense where carbs tend to make muscles bloated with water so people think they have huge muscles but it's not as much as they think when they get rid of carbs.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
    Using society to measure your own health is foolish in my opinion. It's not pretty out there.

Just because your low carb doesn't mean your doing it right. There's not too many people as ripped as me, and i dont know exacatly what they eat but id be surprised. My muscles are very hard and dense where carbs tend to make muscles bloated with water so people think they have huge muscles but it's not as much as they think when they get rid of carbs.
    Ripped? Ripped translate to low body fat. It doesn't mean you're strong. It doesn't mean you can squat 600 pounds. It doesn't mean you're healthy. I guarantee you Martin Berkhan is leaner than you and lifts more (unless you pull in the low 6's). That dude devours whole cheesecakes and eats plenty of carbs and drinks like a fish, translation, different things work for different people. People with normal metabolism usually can handle carbs without issue.
    Last edited by Fernaldo; 10-02-2012 at 07:41 PM.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member

Lol. Yeah, that "bloating" is called glycogen, it's your muscles' preferred fuel for high-intensity work output, and you can only get it in large quantities by eating carbohydrate, particularly glucose. Each gram of glycogen is bound to several grams of water in the muscle, which is then released when the glycogen is used to form ATP. Nasty, nasty stuff, that glycogen. *eyeroll*

Also, good for you on being just t3h rippedest, Braggy Mac Boastypants...
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    There's not too many people as ripped as me, and i dont know exacatly what they eat but id be surprised.

My muscles are very hard and dense where carbs tend to make muscles bloated with water so people think they have huge muscles but it's not as much as they think when they get rid of carbs.
    Don't forget to tell us how big your manhood is too!
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    Ripped? Ripped translate to low body fat. It doesn't mean you're strong. It doesn't mean you can squat 600 pounds. It doesn't mean you're healthy. I guarantee you Martin Berkhan is leaner than you and lifts more (unless you pull in the low 6's). That dude devours whole cheesecakes and eats plenty of carbs, translation, different things work for different people. People with normal metabolism usually can handle carbs without issue.
    I'm very ripped and very strong. Martine Berkhan is very into intermittent fasting which is just another way of minimizing insulin production.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Don't forget to tell us how big your manhood is too!
    Yeah it's pretty big. After I completely changed my diet it started getting way harder then ever, too.

Littlesigh is offline Senior Member
    Blow me! Live more life, become and alcoholic, then be told your liver is fucked, quit drinking, gain 50 lbs in your life then lose 40 of it by changing your lifestyle and you MIGHT have a clue! Try getting into a muscle competition with Korean or other Asian "Rice Eater" Martial Arts expert!
    Blow me!
    Living the dream, inside a myth

Quote Originally Posted by Littlesigh View Post
    Blow me! Live more life, become and alcoholic, then be told your liver is fucked, quit drinking, gain 50 lbs in your life then lose 40 of it by changing your lifestyle and you MIGHT have a clue! Try getting into a muscle competition with Korean or other Asian "Rice Eater" Martial Arts expert!
    Blow me!
    The fact that you have responded to my post so negatively is just a reflection of your own insecurities.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm very ripped and very strong. Martine Berkhan is very into intermittent fasting which is just another way of minimizing insulin production.
    "I used to bench 445 (incline) but I don't bench anymore. I can also tie my dick in a knot."
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast