Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else think rice eaters are just delusional sugar addicts? page 21

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    To be honest, this thread is making me think of popcorn, not rice. Though I am liking the whole "rice, butter and cinnamon" idea.

And it makes me glad I'm not out there dating right now, too. Holy crap, that some scary gene pool.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jojohaligo View Post
    I did say most

By the way have you ever eaten Nasi Goreng? I can post a recipe if you like, but it will have to wait until later because I am supposed to be putting together a lesson plan right now...
    Yes! My mother-in-law makes a mean Nasi Goreng. That ish is delish...

It's my FIL's favorite, so she always makes a huge batch on his birthday and we all eat a ton.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Has anyone tried popped rice from the Korean supermarket? They have this awesome machine that pops out rice cakes fresh from rice. I want to get one, but I'd probably snack on that way too often...

Or freshly ground rice flour. For mochi. Mmmmm...

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jojohaligo View Post
    I did say most

By the way have you ever eaten Nasi Goreng? I can post a recipe if you like, but it will have to wait until later because I am supposed to be putting together a lesson plan right now...
    Nasi Goreng is the freaking nutter butters. I havn't had that in years. Now I want some. And it's all because of this thread....
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Has anyone tried popped rice from the Korean supermarket? They have this awesome machine that pops out rice cakes fresh from rice. I want to get one, but I'd probably snack on that way too often...

Or freshly ground rice flour. For mochi. Mmmmm...
    That sounds awesome, I would love to try that. Speaking of rice flour, I need to find some good rice flour recipes. I tried some store-bought white rice bread, and it wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    OMG red bean mochi are one of my favourite treats.

And rice with butter and cinnamon is lovely. I usually eat rice as a substrate for things like curry or stirfry, but I will sometimes do dessert-y rice things. Also, kheer. Cardamom makes me happy.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
    Why would you use up your carbs on something like white rice when you could be eating veggies and fruit with more nutrients?
    Why...

Well, for starters, eating a ton of vegetables and fruit was one major trigger for my IBS flares...which I was able to stop by cutting out most of the veggies and replacing them with...RICE. The horror.

There are MANY reasons why people might need to do something different that what you are doing.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Seriously guys, getting 100% of your carbs from "non-starchy" (who cares?) veg is barely enough glucose to power your brain.

It shows.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Seriously guys, getting 100% of your carbs from "non-starchy" (who cares?) veg is barely enough glucose to power your brain.

It shows.
    I just started reading this thread, from back to front, and I'm already taking offense.

Moll is offline Member
    Well this has certainly provided me with quite a bit of amusement today.
    Seriously, though, if this has all been inflammatory (pun intended ) on purpose it's an incredibly successful troll...*slow clapping*...

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast