Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else think rice eaters are just delusional sugar addicts? page 21

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Has anyone tried popped rice from the Korean supermarket? They have this awesome machine that pops out rice cakes fresh from rice. I want to get one, but I'd probably snack on that way too often...

Or freshly ground rice flour. For mochi. Mmmmm...
    That sounds awesome, I would love to try that. Speaking of rice flour, I need to find some good rice flour recipes. I tried some store-bought white rice bread, and it wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    OMG red bean mochi are one of my favourite treats.

And rice with butter and cinnamon is lovely. I usually eat rice as a substrate for things like curry or stirfry, but I will sometimes do dessert-y rice things. Also, kheer. Cardamom makes me happy.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
    Why would you use up your carbs on something like white rice when you could be eating veggies and fruit with more nutrients?
    Why...

Well, for starters, eating a ton of vegetables and fruit was one major trigger for my IBS flares...which I was able to stop by cutting out most of the veggies and replacing them with...RICE. The horror.

There are MANY reasons why people might need to do something different that what you are doing.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Seriously guys, getting 100% of your carbs from "non-starchy" (who cares?) veg is barely enough glucose to power your brain.

It shows.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Seriously guys, getting 100% of your carbs from "non-starchy" (who cares?) veg is barely enough glucose to power your brain.

It shows.
    I just started reading this thread, from back to front, and I'm already taking offense.

Moll is offline Member
    Well this has certainly provided me with quite a bit of amusement today.
    Seriously, though, if this has all been inflammatory (pun intended ) on purpose it's an incredibly successful troll...*slow clapping*...

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    I just started reading this thread, from back to front, and I'm already taking offense.
    doin it wrong, start at page 1
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post

It shows.
    You've got to be kidding. Not all us low carb people are idiots like the OP, you know.

Hey, this mochi you are talking about, is that the square thing you can get in a health food store? I bought that once, put it in the oven like the instructions said, and out came a puffy yet gooey thing. I tried to eat it but I swear I was really scared I was going to choke on it and die. I must have done it wrong. Seemed like a really good idea. The only thing called mochi I've eaten since then is that mochi ice cream from Trader Joe's. Haven't had that for more than a year. That was one of my favorites.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    You've got to be kidding. Not all us low carb people are idiots like the OP, you know.

Hey, this mochi you are talking about, is that the square thing you can get in a health food store? I bought that once, put it in the oven like the instructions said, and out came a puffy yet gooey thing. I tried to eat it but I swear I was really scared I was going to choke on it and die. I must have done it wrong. Seemed like a really good idea. The only thing called mochi I've eaten since then is that mochi ice cream from Trader Joe's. Haven't had that for more than a year. That was one of my favorites.
    It's supposed to be puffy and gooey out of the oven. You can wait for it to cool before eating so that it's not so overwhelmingly gooey. It's basically a really dense, chewy rice-flavored cake. I usually make hawaiian butter mochi with the following ingredients:

1 stick butter
    1.5 cups sugar (or substitute)
    1 can coconut milk
    2 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp vanilla
    4 eggs
    8 oz mochiko rice flour

Mix all together (no lumps!) and bake at 350 degrees until top browns, about 40-50 minutes.

I've also made a pumpkin version if you want to check it out:

Pumpkin mochi « The Clean Palate

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by tarek View Post
    That sounds awesome, I would love to try that. Speaking of rice flour, I need to find some good rice flour recipes. I tried some store-bought white rice bread, and it wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped.
    I think if you tried to make it at home, it would end up like a dense cake instead of bread. Unless you are cool with flatbread?

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast