Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else think rice eaters are just delusional sugar addicts? page 13

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    not defensive at all

yeah, running back to carbs. a year later. you clearly are in your own little world. good luck to you and your low carb experiment.
    A year filled with chronic cardio.

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
    A year filled with chronic cardio.
    actually no. its called living life. way too much paralysis by analysis gong on here. let's see.. its a nice day. should i go for a bike ride or sit on my couch ? gonna take the bike ride every time. i feel sorry for people who would choose not to do activities like hiking, biking, kayaking for fear of it being chronic cardio

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Of course i don't own the world.

If im so wrong why is everyone getting so antsy?

When your health is perfect like mine, you just laugh at people like you because if you were really confident in your beliefs you wldnt find the need to tear down opposing opinions.
    When my health is perfect like yours?

Did you heal/are you healing a serious brain disease... if not you can seriously GFYS.
    I don't give one flying fuck about "ripped".
    "Ripped"=/= health and never has.
    Good lord.

Also I did not "tear down [any] opposing opinion".
    Are you so full of yourself that you are illiterate?
    Rice does not work for me, as I stated.
    And people here are not arguing that what you do isn't "right for YOU", they are just stating that other things work for other people.

But it does for some people.
    Including that freakishly ripped, gizzard assed, dude that won the body building competition that I posted a picture of.
    I dare say that he is more ripped than you... and "knows lots" about nutrition and how to stack on muscle.

Pompous illiteracy... that's what people are responding to all "antsy", just so ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    To the OP, you remind me of the type of guy who thinks being a sensitive lover means there's a lot of sensitivity in your penis.
    Priceless SB!
    Makes me think, Careless and QUICK! LOL
    Last edited by cori93437; 10-03-2012 at 11:23 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Chris_H is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    actually no. its called living life. way too much paralysis by analysis gong on here. let's see.. its a nice day. should i go for a bike ride or sit on my couch ? gonna take the bike ride every time. i feel sorry for people who would choose not to do activities like hiking, biking, kayaking for fear of it being chronic cardio
    Outdoor activities such as that never really crossed my mind as chronic cardio, in my mind they fit more into the play category, perhaps that is just me though.
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Two cups of cold water, one cup of rice (or a similar ratio). Put into a pot on the stovetop, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer gently until water is absorbed, and then allow to stand a couple of minutes before serving. Mine comes out fluffy and tender, not dry at all.

The quality of the rice will make a difference too. I don't buy the cheap basmati--I wait for a larger bag of the good stuff to go on sale.
    When I have cooked Basmati in particular I have always used a 1cup rice to 1.5cup water ratio (along with a good wash of the rice until the water is clear)... I get a fluffier grain that way.
    I think the Basmati can get mushy with 1to2 ratio.
    Maybe the difference is that the grains are soaking up some water when I wash them...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    When my health is perfect like yours?

Did you heal/are you healing a serious brain disease... if not you can seriously GFYS.
    I don't give one flying fuck about "ripped".
    "Ripped"=/= health and never has.
    Good lord.

Also I did not "tear down [any] opposing opinion".
    Are you so full of yourself that you are illiterate?
    Rice does not work for me, as I stated.
    And people here are not arguing that what you do isn't "right for YOU", they are just stating that other things work for other people.

But it does for some people.
    Including that freakishly ripped, gizzard assed, dude that won the body building competition that I posted a picture of.
    I dare say that he is more ripped than you... and "knows lots" about nutrition and how to stack on muscle.

Pompous illiteracy... that's what people are responding to all "antsy", just so ya know.
    I never said the goal was to get as much muscle as possible, just remarkng on how easy it is for me now.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    When I have cooked Basmati in particular I have always used a 1cup rice to 1.5cup water ratio (along with a good wash of the rice until the water is clear)... I get a fluffier grain that way.
    I think the Basmati can get mushy with 1to2 ratio.
    Maybe the difference is that the grains are soaking up some water when I wash them...
    I also live at a high enough elevation that it can affect cooking and live in a dry environment, so I can imagine that the difference in those factors between here and Florida (near sea level, high humidity and heat) will also change the results.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Why would you use up your carbs on something like white rice when you could be eating veggies and fruit with more nutrients?
    I know that some people with large appetites don't realize this, but I'll give you one word: Volume.

Yes... for some people food volume can be an issue. And sometimes a small serving of rice is easier to get down than a huge serving of vegetables to meet the same macros/calories.
    I tried rice for that.
    It didn't work for me so I swapped it for fat. *shrug*
    I really need small food volume.

I know most dudes are looking for MORE volume as opposed to less... but that doesn't work for all people all the time.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulroy View Post
    That's quite an unpleasant way to greet a new member on this forum.

I have problems with being underweight (as well as multiple other health problems) and have been looking for a better approach to eating. I also tend to get extreme insulin spikes from eating carbohydrate rich foods such as rice and wheat etc and as such was interested in mostofthetime7's post as I would prefer not to have to rely on these kinds of carbs for sources of energy at all. So I simply asked him about his experience eating purely primal as his was the top post when I joined this forum. I didn't realise I had just joined a primal war here.

Btw, the 'u' key on my laptop has been broken for the last few days, only just got it replaced . It did make spelling Edinburgh a bit tricky...

Cheers,

this paulroy person
    And yet typing paulroy was no problem, what with the U in there and all.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    I also live at a high enough elevation that it can affect cooking and live in a dry environment, so I can imagine that the difference in those factors between here and Florida (near sea level, high humidity and heat) will also change the results.
    Ahh, so true.

You may need to try a few test batches to see what works for your location...
    Like a 5-10 min soak, since you have trouble with dryness, then rinse, and 1to2 ratio.
    Fiddle with it a bit.
    If the rice seems hard still when it should be done add another 1/4-1/2 cup of water and see if a little longer works it out depending on doneness, then adjust the recipe the next time.
    Once it works keep using that as your own personal recipe.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast