Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 241

Thread: Anyone else think rice eaters are just delusional sugar addicts? page 11

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    64
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Unfortunately, messages delivered in that fashion often end up ignored.

    One of your points- cheating leads to more due to addiction really resounded to me and actually helped me shape my next 30 days. (I can't go back to 20%, even 5%). Working on your delivery might actually help out more people, if that is your goal.

    However, realize that this is a board for Primal Blueprint, which allows for 20%. That 20% is why I gave it a try. If it was 100% I would not have, and would never have arrived at this point. There is some value to the 20%, even if ongoing, for the best outcome, some people may need to abandon that.
    I'm glad I helped

  2. #102
    jakey's Avatar
    jakey is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,294
    Quote Originally Posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
    Well i also think romantic relationships are bullshit and girls just mostly want to be dominated by strong men. Having sex with a lot of girls with boyfriends really ruins it for you, lol. So I wouldn't want to be a sensitive man anyway.
    do you have a book or a newsletter or something? you spout so much wisdom, it should be captured on paper. droppin knowledge bombs all over this place. hang on, i'd like to type more, but i have a craving for twinkies and ho-ho's that i need to fix with a bowl of white rice.... i'll be back.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by paulroy View Post
    Hey dude, I'm new to this site and am interested in what you said. Do you mean that by going through the low energy periods you end up requiring less carbohydrates overall in order to function and even gain muscle/weight?

    I have been skinny all my life no matter how much I eat, but I have always ate lots of carbs. There's so much conflicting info out there but it does sound like the body runs better on fats than carbs/sugars. This being the case, one could eat more fats and protein, less carbs, less calories overall and yet have better health.

    Yeah basically this is what happened to me.

    When i first got rid of grains I noticed the low carb flu, but I was still eating chocolate and a lot of frui

    If this has been your experience I would be interested in knowing (roughly) what you eat on a (roughly) daily basis.

    Cheers
    Basically I look at sugar as an energy drug. It puts unnatural amounts of energy into your body. Your body has been used to this energy source your entire life. When you switch from SAD to eating rice, let's say, you will of course feel better because your diet has greatly improved, but you're still getting unnatural amounts of energy being put in your body, your body has to compensate by speeding up your metabolism.

    Every time you drop down the amount of sugar you have in your diet your body has to get more used to not having it. Your body can produce glucose on it's own, you just need to get used to not having unnatural amounts of energy in your body. Your body is used to compensating for this. When it learns it no longer needs to compensate you will be happy good luck

    I was fairly skinny on SAD, too. What happened to my body was i got extremely skinny, then muscle just starting growing easily once i was completely off sugar and just did occasional high intensity work outs.

    Make sure your not deficient in vitamin D. That can cause lack of energy too.

    I follow the warrior diet for the most part. I wait to eat a big meal till im done with the day's activities. Then its just a quality meat and veggies with every meal. I eat hardboiled eggs as a snack some times. Things like bacon and eggs make a great snack cause they don't fuck with your insulin as much.
    Last edited by mostofthetime7; 10-03-2012 at 08:46 AM.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by paulroy View Post
    Good shit man, thanks for the info!

    Btw, what you have described is also exactly the same as Mark's PB Food Pyramid. Nice
    Yes what people don't understand is how good of a diet mark actually has. They just go on and on about his 20% post, lol. It's not very hard to look like him at all.

  5. #105
    Uncephalized's Avatar
    Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,883
    Oh look, the adorable little troll has an adorable little friend.

    Interesting, isn't it, how their responses are never more than five minutes apart, and this paulroy person apparently does not know how to spell the name of his own hometown...
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

    My Primal Journal

  6. #106
    not on the rug's Avatar
    not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
    Yes what people don't understand is how good of a diet mark actually has. They just go on and on about his 20% post, lol. It's not very hard to look like him at all.
    i think you should read mark's blog post on rice. seems like white rice isn't so bad afterall.

  7. #107
    not on the rug's Avatar
    not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Oh look, the adorable little troll has an adorable little friend.

    Interesting, isn't it, how their responses are never more than five minutes apart, and this paulroy person apparently does not know how to spell the name of his own hometown...
    good catch

  8. #108
    Kelmar's Avatar
    Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Topeka, KS
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    this thread is both entertaining and annoying. It's also shocking. I'm kinda shocked neckhammer eats popcorn. He always seemed so reasonable. Oh well, my illusions are shattered once again. (just kidding, neckhammer.)

    to the op, you remind me of the type of guy who thinks being a sensitive lover means there's a lot of sensitivity in your penis.


    hahahahahah!!!
    I treat my body like a temple.....to nourish the Goddess who lives inside

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    i think you should read mark's blog post on rice. seems like white rice isn't so bad afterall.
    "Don’t take this as blanket approval for immediate regular rice consumption, however. It’s not black and white. Rice exists on one end of the “grain suitability” continuum. You know how I’ve discussed the dairy continuum? Raw, grass-fed one on end and low-fat, homogenized, ultra-pasteurized on the other. It’s the same for grains. High-gluten wheat on one (very bad) end and rice on the other (don’t lose sleep if you eat it) end. Do I recommend ditching the entire group altogether, just to make things easy and avoid any possible irritants? Sure, but if grain consumption presents itself, or you literally are hamstrung by finances and simply need some calories, you shouldn’t beat yourself up over it just because you ate some white rice.

    Read more: Is Rice Unhealthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

    all he says is its not as bad as some other things, not that its good

  10. #110
    not on the rug's Avatar
    not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
    "Don’t take this as blanket approval for immediate regular rice consumption, however. It’s not black and white. Rice exists on one end of the “grain suitability” continuum. You know how I’ve discussed the dairy continuum? Raw, grass-fed one on end and low-fat, homogenized, ultra-pasteurized on the other. It’s the same for grains. High-gluten wheat on one (very bad) end and rice on the other (don’t lose sleep if you eat it) end. Do I recommend ditching the entire group altogether, just to make things easy and avoid any possible irritants? Sure, but if grain consumption presents itself, or you literally are hamstrung by finances and simply need some calories, you shouldn’t beat yourself up over it just because you ate some white rice.

    Read more: Is Rice Unhealthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

    all he says is its not as bad as some other things, not that its good
    "it’s the essential neutrality of rice that makes it what it is."

    he also says that you shouldn't beat yourself up over eating some. which means you shouldn't beat people up over eating something that is essentially neautral.

    again, just because low carb is working for you now, doesn't mean that it works for everyone and doesn't mean it will work for you a year from now. trust me on that one. i know from experience.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •