Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else think rice eaters are just delusional sugar addicts? page 11

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Oh look, the adorable little troll has an adorable little friend.

Interesting, isn't it, how their responses are never more than five minutes apart, and this paulroy person apparently does not know how to spell the name of his own hometown...
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Quote Originally Posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
    Yes what people don't understand is how good of a diet mark actually has. They just go on and on about his 20% post, lol. It's not very hard to look like him at all.
    i think you should read mark's blog post on rice. seems like white rice isn't so bad afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Oh look, the adorable little troll has an adorable little friend.

Interesting, isn't it, how their responses are never more than five minutes apart, and this paulroy person apparently does not know how to spell the name of his own hometown...
    good catch

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    this thread is both entertaining and annoying. It's also shocking. I'm kinda shocked neckhammer eats popcorn. He always seemed so reasonable. Oh well, my illusions are shattered once again. (just kidding, neckhammer.)

to the op, you remind me of the type of guy who thinks being a sensitive lover means there's a lot of sensitivity in your penis.

hahahahahah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    i think you should read mark's blog post on rice. seems like white rice isn't so bad afterall.
    "Don’t take this as blanket approval for immediate regular rice consumption, however. It’s not black and white. Rice exists on one end of the “grain suitability” continuum. You know how I’ve discussed the dairy continuum? Raw, grass-fed one on end and low-fat, homogenized, ultra-pasteurized on the other. It’s the same for grains. High-gluten wheat on one (very bad) end and rice on the other (don’t lose sleep if you eat it) end. Do I recommend ditching the entire group altogether, just to make things easy and avoid any possible irritants? Sure, but if grain consumption presents itself, or you literally are hamstrung by finances and simply need some calories, you shouldn’t beat yourself up over it just because you ate some white rice.

Read more: Is Rice Unhealthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

all he says is its not as bad as some other things, not that its good

Quote Originally Posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
    "Don’t take this as blanket approval for immediate regular rice consumption, however. It’s not black and white. Rice exists on one end of the “grain suitability” continuum. You know how I’ve discussed the dairy continuum? Raw, grass-fed one on end and low-fat, homogenized, ultra-pasteurized on the other. It’s the same for grains. High-gluten wheat on one (very bad) end and rice on the other (don’t lose sleep if you eat it) end. Do I recommend ditching the entire group altogether, just to make things easy and avoid any possible irritants? Sure, but if grain consumption presents itself, or you literally are hamstrung by finances and simply need some calories, you shouldn’t beat yourself up over it just because you ate some white rice.

Read more: Is Rice Unhealthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

all he says is its not as bad as some other things, not that its good
    "it’s the essential neutrality of rice that makes it what it is."

he also says that you shouldn't beat yourself up over eating some. which means you shouldn't beat people up over eating something that is essentially neautral.

again, just because low carb is working for you now, doesn't mean that it works for everyone and doesn't mean it will work for you a year from now. trust me on that one. i know from experience.

"itís the essential neutrality of rice that makes it what it is."

he also says that you shouldn't beat yourself up over eating some. which means you shouldn't beat people up over eating something that is essentially neautral.

again, just because low carb is working for you now, doesn't mean that it works for everyone and doesn't mean it will work for you a year from now. trust me on that one. i know from experience.
    Oh my bad I didnt realize that you asked that question, lol.

Just because you did low carb wrong doesn't mean it can't work for everyone

i love how you make assumptions about what i did and didn't do. i didn't do low carb wrong. in fact i was hardcore low carb for nearly a year until i bonked. when you work out with bigboy weights, do lots of mountain biking, hiking, play sports, box, kayak, run sprints, etc, you need some extra carbs in your diet. i'm sure that if i came in here 50lbs overweight, and was sedentary, then low carb would be perfect for me. or if i wasn't that active. it worked for a while, and then it didn't.

i love how you make assumptions about what i did and didn't do. i didn't do low carb wrong. in fact i was hardcore low carb for nearly a year until i bonked. when you work out with bigboy weights, do lots of mountain biking, hiking, play sports, box, kayak, run sprints, etc, you need some extra carbs in your diet. i'm sure that if i came in here 50lbs overweight, and was sedentary, then low carb would be perfect for me. or if i wasn't that active. it worked for a while, and then it didn't.
    Yep you did it wrong. You need to rest and give yourself a chance to adapt.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay. I had to dig to the back of a bottom cabinet to find it but I have here a bag of generic white rice.

serving size: 1/4 cup uncooked (makes ~ 3/4 cup cooked)
    calories: 150
    Fat: 0 grams
    Protein: 3 grams
    Carbs: 35 grams

Going by Mark's Carb Curve:

0-50 gms carb: probable ketosis. It fits if you keep it to one serving as described above.

If you double the serving size (so 70 grams of carbs), it fits into the next part of the curve. 50-100 gms of carb that is described as the "weight loss sweet spot."

So as far as carb amounts, white rice fits into the parameters for weight loss - if you very much watch the rest of your carb intake for the day.

It's not nutritionally great, so for people who have to eat calorically low, it's kind of a waste of calories when 150-300 calories of brightly colored veggies and certainly 150-300 calories of healthily raised meat or wild fish would nourish you more.

No matter the rationale, it's a grain.

So, in response to the original question... There are a lot of people here who know a ton about nutrition. There are a lot of people here who blindly follow the health guru of the month. There are a lot of people somewhere on that continuum. So, I guess some are and some aren't.

As for abrasive know it alls, this was addressed in a management class I took. They can often be fonts of info. Just sift through the bullshit and ego.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast