Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else think rice eaters are just delusional sugar addicts? page 10

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    YES... I have. It's upsetting. We have a 20 year history. But like everything else, not that easy to walk away from someone. Life is a complicated thing at times. Might be why people delude themselves an awful lot. It's hard to sequester yourself from imperfect people, especially when at heart, you like them.

It's great that your life is dandy, and I hope it stays as such for you. But I guess my question..... and maybe your tone is just coming off as combative, but what do you gain from calling people out? Are you trying to actually *help* people? If you are, you need to work on delivery. If you are just trying to feel smug (happens a lot) then just maybe something in your life is a little less than ideal and you need to figure that out.
    I communicate directly and assertively. Im not trying to come off as combative. In our society addicts are looked down upon, so people tend to get their panties in a bunch about the word, but's its the most accurate way to describe why these people are offended by me.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSapien View Post
    Pardon my intrusion into this conversation, but what is a "so unhappy" or a "not the best one", and how would someone go about procuring these things?

Also, I ate about 200 g of white rice the other day and I didn't catch fire and fart out my spleen, am I doing it wrong?
    What you are doing wrong is still being a sugar addict. Sugar makes a sugar addict feel good? Tell me something i dont already know.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    don't forget to tell us how big your manhood is too!
    hahahaha!!!!!

Timthetaco Guest
    I'm not sure if this is pushback after seeing fleeting support for starch consumption yesterday or if you're really serious.

Either way, I can't imagine satisfying a sugar craving by adding rice to a meal.

Oh, the 20% thread did it.
    Last edited by Timthetaco; 10-03-2012 at 08:01 AM.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I communicate directly and assertively. Im not trying to come off as combative. In our society addicts are looked down upon, so people tend to get their panties in a bunch about the word, but's its the most accurate way to describe why these people are offended by me.
    Unfortunately, messages delivered in that fashion often end up ignored.

One of your points- cheating leads to more due to addiction really resounded to me and actually helped me shape my next 30 days. (I can't go back to 20%, even 5%). Working on your delivery might actually help out more people, if that is your goal.

However, realize that this is a board for Primal Blueprint, which allows for 20%. That 20% is why I gave it a try. If it was 100% I would not have, and would never have arrived at this point. There is some value to the 20%, even if ongoing, for the best outcome, some people may need to abandon that.

Toshison is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
    Im not worried. You're the ones who are going to have to live with your choices obviously.

You guys facinate me. Such anger over rice. Good show.
    It really has nothing to do with rice at all and you don't know these intimately people or their choices for that matter.

Clearly, you have difficulty with social skills and in understanding human behaviour.

The not-so-warm reaction you have received isn't really a call to defend rice or rice eaters, it is to let it be known that you are being viewed as an arrogant trolling dickhead who is not appreciated at all in this otherwise positive, encouraging Internet forum community.

If the purpose of this thread was to irritate people, go ahead and pat yourself on the back and reward yourself with a 1000hr fast.

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
    your offensive tone is why people are offended by you. that and the whole carb-phobia thing. low-carb is not the one true answer for all of humanity.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    This thread is both entertaining and annoying. It's also shocking. I'm kinda shocked Neckhammer eats popcorn. He always seemed so reasonable. Oh well, my illusions are shattered once again. (Just kidding, Neckhammer.)

To the OP, you remind me of the type of guy who thinks being a sensitive lover means there's a lot of sensitivity in your penis.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Guy must be from Pittsburgh.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that everyone here that consumes white rice does so mostly post-workout or for an athletic purpose (which has been well documented) coupled with the fact that it contains NOTHING bad at all - why not eat it? However, my point point is, everyone here could EASILY go without rice for as long as they deemed necessary - that alone negates your stupid addict theory.

None of us need rice, we don't sell household items for it and we don't have a "guy" for it so please, get your head out of your ass.

Lastly, don't confuse my abrasive tone as "being angry about rice" or even anger at all, I just don't take kindly to pompous douches like yourself. Stop feeling superior to others, there's nothing to gain from it, my friend.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    This thread is both entertaining and annoying. It's also shocking. I'm kinda shocked Neckhammer eats popcorn. He always seemed so reasonable. Oh well, my illusions are shattered once again. (Just kidding, Neckhammer.)

To the OP, you remind me of the type of guy who thinks being a sensitive lover means there's a lot of sensitivity in your penis.
    Well i also think romantic relationships are bullshit and girls just mostly want to be dominated by strong men. Having sex with a lot of girls with boyfriends really ruins it for you, lol. So I wouldn't want to be a sensitive man anyway.
    Last edited by mostofthetime7; 10-03-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast