Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: paleo pesco whole 30 with game meats journal ( seaweed ) page

seaweed is offline Senior Member

paleo pesco whole 30 with game meats journal ( seaweed )

Shop Now
    i have decided to do a n=1 experiment of a whole 30 pesco paleo. most of my ancestors were sea coast so i would like to see the effect of eating most of my protein from the sea. i am going to focus on shellfish, some fish and i will also add in some game meats. wild venison and maybe some wild pork. i am struggling with the no dairy as i do love cream in my coffee but it is only for 30 days. i also have a lb of streaky free range bacon to get through and some free range chicken. i have children so i need to work out things we can all eat with a subset of.

so........day 1 today

got up way too early

breakfast. 2 egg omlette fried in ghee with prob 10 prawns. 2 small cups of coffee with coconut cream to try to wake myself up.

trying to get my head around green tea and water but it has gotten cold out today so i am eyeing the coffee pot up again.

tried coffee with ghee as the coconut cream is so unappealing and it wasnt much better at the non BF coffee level. 3 tsp of ghee and it wasnt good. one thing with getting rid of something like dairy in coffee is you end up drinking way more coffee to try to find the coffee hit. or snacking on something else like nuts to go with your water instead. gonna decide on the cream in coffee thing over the next few days.

lunch steamed cauliflower, fennel and cabbage with loads of himilayan salt
    one soft boiled egg and some smoked salmon and a small avocado.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    My last whole 30 I went black, after years of cream or double cream. And you know what? I really like it! The coffee experience is much more intensely coffee. I'm still drinking it black and can't imagine going back. I continue to consume 3 1/2 cups per day - same as before.

It's really important that it be good coffee - organic, roasted how you like it - not cheap grocery store brand crap.

Try it - you never know...

i always have decent coffee as i am a snob lol i have tried long blacks, americano and so on but i think the problem is i grew up drinking coffee with sugar. even when i used to give up sugar when i was younger, i always still had it in my coffee. tea on the other hand i have never had sugar in as my mother didnt have sugar in tea so i never did. if i have cream in my coffee, it is sweet enough now for me not to have sugar or i could drink black coffee with sugar lol how strong do you have your black coffee? it is encouraging to hear it is possible. nice ink btw. i love tattoos.

dinner was pan fried chicken breasts in ghee with onions, red and green cabbage and fennel in with them. plus steamed brocolli, asparagus and cauliflower which the kids had cheese sauce with. i was a bit slutted as i didnt have enuf pots to try duck fat hollandaise but there would have been a riot if i had of tried to replace the cheese sauce with it. i still have vivid memories of the duck fat caramel incident which was going down a treat till they discovered it was duck fat. we did have some cockles as well but i only collected enough for what i thought would be breakfast as the tide wasnt the best and my youngest then ate them all with dinner. so i am not complaining.

did my wade around in salt water too for 15 mins. i am going to attempt to get in the sea more to complement my seafood eating.

currently completely out on what to do about coffee. i'd still rather have the odd cup of coffee with cream instead of having to snack to distract myself. not that i dont love coconut manna and nuts but i am feeling like i have a binge eating disorder. maybe if i do a deal with myself 2 cups of coffee with cream and then green tea and water the rest of the day? something to meditate on overnight.

slept on it and i reckon cream in my coffee but limit the number of cups. my whole focus here is primarily having seafood to see what happens. so if i am stuffing my face with things like coconut manna or whatever else is to hand is not really what i want. see we can all explain our addicitions away

breakfast today
    coffee with cream - yay!
    stir fried the left over steamed cauli and brocolli from dinner
    threw in the left over chicken
    scrambled in 2 eggs
    salt and pepper

it wasnt that inspiring and i am looking forward to some smoked fish for lunch as i am out for the day. if i play my cards wrong, i could even get stuck at a kids bday party full of junk food.

ended up on a deer shoot instead of the kids party with the junk food.

lunch was smoked tuna and some raw cashews and raw flaked almonds whilst i was driving.
    i got a couple of cups of instant coffee while i was out hunting but i was just going with the flow and being socialable.
    i got a whole deer, plus organs to take home so it was well worth it.
    dinner was a few raw cashews while i was driving home
    rest of the time i drunk water.

breakfast this morning will be coffee with cream and a prawn omlette with maybe some kina thrown in. kina is sea urchin in american lol

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    I'm officially jealous! I love seafood, I just can't afford much.

i am lucky in that i live by the sea. i can get shellfish easily myself. fish is similar price to meat in the shops and i do know people who fish. but it is a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

lunch was salad
    toasted hazelnuts chopped up a bit.
    an avocado
    some smoked salmon
    a couple of slices of venison salami i was given yesterday
    lettuce and spinach with olive oil and ACV
    and the ubiquitous cup of coffee.

i voluntarily drunk a cup of green tea midmorning. green tea with orange and jasmine

not sure what to plan for dinner. no kids so i can be adventurous. i may just have to have some venison lol venison liver maybe or the heart as i found a good recipe here
    Deer Heart Recipe - A Recipe for Grilled Venison Heart | Hunter Angler Gardener Cook

Leida is offline Senior Member
    yep, I am jealous as well. Seafood is my favorite meat, and I would love to get game meat. I tried deer and mousse someone generously shared with me last year, and, oh, boy, how I wish I had the guts to hunt!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast