Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: paleo pesco whole 30 with game meats journal ( seaweed ) page 5

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    breakfast was prawn omlette and coffee. i so much branch out a bit.

lunch was heaven. i had been to the gym and was so hungry so i fried up a tiny chopped up onion and some garlic in ghee and added in a julienned zucchini. i julienned it this morning and stuck it in the colander with some himalayan salt to sweat before i went out. chucked the zucchini noodles on a plate. put some more ghee in the pan and scambled 2 eggs and prob 5 kina tongues. put the whole lot on top of the noodles with a grind of pepper. cup of coffee on the side and it was yummy.

plan A is wild pork and spicy pumpkin tonight but we shall see. we may just have fish.

well i managed the pork and spicy wild pumpkin. not a total faithful following of the recipe. i roasted some normal pumpkin, some yams and some parsnips in some lamb tallow in the oven. while that was doing i put some wild pork pieces and some spices ( ginger, cinnamon, cumin, cloves and allspice ) in a pot with some ghee and fried them for a while. then i put in some chicken broth and simmered them covered till it was all tender. threw in 1/2 c coconut milk and cooked it uncovered until it had reduced.

we had then roast pumpkin, roast parsnips, roast yams with the wild pork. some steamed cauli and broccoli and some smoked mussels on the side. with some coconut oil mayonaise.

i had a cup of vanilla rooibos after i had washed this dishes and one when the kids came home from school. only had 2 cups of coffee today which has been a struggle.

Branched out for breakfast. Kina mousse and coffee lol

kina mousse is sea urchin mousse.

i sorta followed a recipe which was 1/2 c chicken broth, a tsp of gelatin. put it in a mug and left it on the fire to melt. then dumped it in the blender with some cream, 5 or 6 sea urchin tongues, an egg yolk, bit of salt and pepper. blended it all up and put it in a rammekin in the fridge overnight. the recipe cooks it, but i didnt and it also serves it with ginger vinagrette which i didnt.

yum!!!

and for lunch i had paua armandine which was just fry up half a tinsy chopped onion, a clove of garlic and some parsley and some flaked almonds. add in some sliced paua. a bit of cream and cook. i threw the remains of the steamed cauli and brocolli from last night in the pan briefly to warm it once i took the paua out. i had a couple of handfuls of pistachio nuts in the shell and a cup of vanilla rooibos after.

too stressed to eat dinner so ended up snacking on pine nuts. way too many. and had 2 cups of coffee and prob 50g of leftover canned tuna with the coconut oil mayonaise.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    wow Seaweed - you rock ...... But what is ghee ????? and ACV ????
    You know me....ditsy at the best of times !!!!!
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

fat belly frog is offline Senior Member
    Seaweed,

You are making me so hungry for good old kiwi food. I spent three years back in Taranaki recently and ate similar to you, wild pork, venison, ducks, rabbits, pheasant, white bait, and plenty of local seafood always on the menu with fresh veggies from our garden.

Wild pork bacon, wild game salami.... Paua... Oh boy I could shift back tomorrow... Where abouts are you located sounds like you have plenty of wild game to choose from. I grew up in Whakatane with parents and grand parents that loved to hunt and fish so it runs deep in my blood. One day I will shift back, miss it more and more each day.

Cheers
    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fat belly frog View Post

One day I will shift back, miss it more and more each day.
    FBF get back here as quick as you can. I know that Australia is beautiful, and the people are wonderful, and there is lots to do etc.... but we miss you over here ! Once a Kiwi - always a Kiwi !
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

FBF i am in the south. i did get some pheasant given to me last year but it is a rarity to come across. the problem with eating the sort of food you cant really buy in the shop is you are ruined. you miss it forever.

gwamma ghee is clarified butter which removes the milk solids and makes it sorta casein free. it is used alot in indian cooking. all you do is melt some butter in a pot. you then simmer it and skim the white froth off the top. which can be dangerous as it spits. when there is no more white froth you just let it cool down and sieve into jars. i have read some people dont do the skim step but wait for the butter to change colour and then strain it thru something like coffee filter papers? google and you will find recipes with pics. ACV = Apple cider vinegar.

coffee and pan fried rig with a smidgen on garlic salt on when it was frying for breakfast. going out for tea tonight so am gonna have to act like a cavegirl. steak and veges only!
    Last edited by seaweed; 10-19-2012 at 04:48 PM. Reason: cant spell

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast