Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: paleo pesco whole 30 with game meats journal ( seaweed ) page 2

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I wish I had the guts to hunt!
    just do it but take someone with you who can cut its throat quickly if you dont shoot it properly. that was my worry.

failed miserably for dinner as i went to cut up the deer and had a whisky to be social. then it went downhill and i had a couple more so i had to skip dinner. i had loads of water too.

i had to get up early to go help the neighour with tailing so i had no breakfast either. got stuck out till 4pm instead of lunch. there was bread, sausages and cookies. so i had a cup of green tea and a sausage to be inconspicuous, which whilst they were the el cheapo brand were gluten free and had potato starch in instead of rice. i hid behind the gluten thing for the rest. one thing i am finding is it is all good and well getting away from the food cupboard but it is where i am ending up with is the problem. i am training myself to ask for green tea so i am going to make a point of putting some tea bags in my purse.

i had early dinner and felt like i had died and went to heaven

salad of 2 hardboiled eggs, some lettuce, 6 toasted hazelnut as my youngest ate the rest while i wasnt looking. boo!!! a bit of red capsicum. some smoked salmon. olive oil and ACV
    some steamed brocolli and cauliflower
    and some venison liver. i was going to make some liver pate so i fried the venison liver in some venison tallow with garlic and wild thyme. it tasted so good that i had some with my salad and have left the rest to cool down for pate tomorrow as i have to go out.

plus cup of coffee and some cream.

if i feel like a snack later, but i prob wont, i will have a rammekin of caveman custard. which is coconut milk, bananas, egg and cinnamon.

no caveman custard last night.

breakfast was prawm omlette ( 10 prawns and 2 tiny eggs ) + coffee with cream
    i had creamed paua ( someone else cooked it ) and some venison salami and a coffee for lunch. didnt have time to make the pate so will do that later.

craving green leafy veges for dinner so i am gonna go for a walk and meditate on what to cook with seafood and game in.

disordered eating for dinner. way too many distractions and annoyances. so 2 rammekins of caveman custard. some venison liver pate, a chunk of coconut manna and a cup of coffee with too much cream. my green tea is currently tasting nice.

i made the mixture for some game sausages. venison and horopito. i am leaving it overnight to sit and then will attempt to stuff sausage skins tomorrow. i will poss try to hang some for salami.

had some, maybe 100g, of the meaty bits off the meat cut off the deer ribs for breakfast with a cup of coffee.

stuffed the sausages into the skins which was quite the adventure. definitely a knack and it helps to have a few small assistants lol

cutting up the rest and rendering fat today. wont get much tallow but it is nice.

so lunch will prob be something with prawns and venison or maybe venison sausages.

lunch was prawns, a few small medallions of venison, and a venison sausage plus some coffee
    some cashew nuts as a snack
    dinner was 2 venison sausages, steamed cauliflower, brocolli and spinach and some coffee and lots of water.

gonna aim for a fish day tomorrow. but i still may have to do a venison week if it wont all fit in the freezer.

coffee and half a vension backstrap for breakfast. it was prob 80g all up and seared in venison tallow and juices from the sausages yesterday.
    trained at the gym so had lots of water. then prob half a cup or so of green tea.
    lunch was 2 venison sausages, steamed cauli, brocolli, red cabbage and fennel to mop up the sausage juices. and a cup of coffee.
    still out on what to cook for dinner. maybe more venison or maybe some fish.

dinner is a fritata.
    onions, leeks, red capsicum, cauliflower, mushrooms, spinach, bacon and obviously eggs. topped with kina.
    i made the kids a quiche. same thing. but GF pastry and cheese instead of the kina.
    lots of water
    coffee

seam boned out both the back legs of the deer. yay for you-tube! gonna be a game meats few days with some fish thrown in
    breakfast whitebait omlette and coffee
    lunch fatty venison scraps from the pan ( i was making tallow ) and a venison sausage. coffee
    i am planning a fish curry for dinner. a dairy free version of butter chicken but with made with rig. i could have a riot as the kids will complain but they can just have rice, a bit of the curry sauce and grated cheese in that case.

ghee rig curry for dinner which was really incredibly nice.
    i fried a chopped up small onion and a clove of garlic in the remains of the venison tallow with a piece of rig. chopped it into pieces in the pan.
    got the slow cooker out and chucked in a can of coconut milk, 3 or 4 tsp tomato paste, some ghee and spices.
    from memory and this is approx but 1 tsp ground cardamon, 1tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp curry powder, 1 tsp paprika, some grated root ginger, 1 tsp coriander, 1 tsp cumin and prob 1/2 tsp cayenne bit it was like dried flaked cayenne not powder. salt and some black pepper. the end result wasnt hot at all. just flavoursome. scraped the fish and onions out of the pan into the slow cooker. put it on high. got bored of waiting about an hour later. poured it all into a pan and simmered on real low heat till my cauliflower had steamed and the kids rice got cooked. i put some frozen green peas in for them but avoided them in mine. no one complained either!

i forgot i put a spoon of ACV in the curry last night as well

breakfast whitebait omlette and coffee
    lunch was nuts and coffee as i was out. a few brazil nuts, some cashews, some flaked almonds and a few hazelnuts.
    dinner was some venison pan fried in vension tallow with fried onions, garlic and wild thyme.
    2/3 hard boiled egg
    steamed brocolli, cauliflower, red and white cabbage.
    i had a paleo choc banana mug cake and some coffee for dessert

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast