Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 80/20 & staying gluten free even when cheating. page 2

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The chocolate and strawberry are both gluten free, the strawberry one is particularly good. And they sell them in these tiny cups of a single serving that really do the trick for me if I need something sweet and creamy.

magpieoz is offline Junior Member
    One of my favorites is full fat plain yogurt with an apple, stevia, cinnamon and vanilla in it. So it's gluten free and still relatively low carb... and sinful tasting.

Also almond butter with berries is good.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I find that the longer I am primal, the more my definition of treat becomes actually "healthy". My treat today was an apple with almond butter for breakfast as I am tired of eggs. Dates have been big lately as well. My taste buds have really changed though
    so fruit tastes very sweet and treat like- a year ago that was not the case.
    I will always have a fondness for ice cream though, but want to make that very occasional. The single serving Haagen Daz are perfect but always double check for HFCS in some varieties.

It's weird to be at a point where junk food sucks. The last pizza was meh, the last cupcake was meh, the last fries tasted off. I never thought I'd be the person to be yuck doughnut, YUM apple with almond butter. I never did the gluten free fake stuff (baking snob)

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Get yourself a 5-lb bag of gluten free all-purpose flour from NutsOnline, now Nuts.com | Premium Bulk & Wholesale Nuts, Dried Fruits & Gift Baskets

It's way cheaper than you'll find in stores, and very versatile. Also look into tapioca flour.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Honey Crisp apples are in season.

Enough said!

Is that a cheat.
    Not really... but it's Sofa KING goooooood!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I find that the longer I am primal, the more my definition of treat becomes actually "healthy".
    Me too. We were given a shepherds pie by someone, and we could taste the powered stocks that had been used to 'flavour' it. Primal food is much tastier.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

avelin is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    apple slices fried in ghee... it's the combination that's so sinful and the taste that is so heavenly
    Evolutionary. Ideology that fits biology

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12