Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: after the honeymoon is over page

quelsen is offline Senior Member

after the honeymoon is over

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So you went primal and saw results.

then what?

where did you go after the excitement died down...

this is coming from a guy who thinks learning and growth are required not optional
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i went straight to the store and bought 15 boxes of fruity pebbles and sat crying, surrounded by them, stuffing handfuls into my face
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I went off the deep end, suddenly perfectly aware of every right, every wrong, and every truth in the universe. Unable to handle such beauty and truth, I was hauled off to a padded room in a maximum security mental hospital after attempting to burn down a jail. I now write this via speech to text because my overly helpful therapist bundled me into a self hug jacket. They're feeding me hospital food and the truth and beauty are going away. I can't bear being ordinary again; I can't. Kill me, please.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    I started learning the ukulele.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i went straight to the store and bought 15 boxes of fruity pebbles and sat crying, surrounded by them, stuffing handfuls into my face
    did that hurt? do fruity pebbles fit into your facial orifices?

how does one get them out of ones nose?
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    Ukuleles are awesome! Once I got the food part down I started concentrating on fitness aspects, I too feel like I have to have a goal, my newest: I've recently decided to work towards becoming a Yoga Instructor!

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    did that hurt? do fruity pebbles fit into your facial orifices?

how does one get them out of ones nose?
    you have to do a really hard snort back into your throat so you can cry/cough/cry/sniff/chew/swallow
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I never really had a "honeymoon" period. It's still always adapting, still finding new and exciting things. I'm still on the hunt for a cure for my anxiety and depression.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Omg... I was definitely ready to type some smart-assed response, but I can't top fruity pebbles! Well done, lol.
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Still plodding down that road...

I have made some really great strides in recovery from my illness!
    And lost weight... slowly.
    I even managed to start driving again after just over a year, though I never drive very far. I'm still a bit scared that something will "happen" though I haven't had a full on episode of that sort in a a while.

My brain issue is likely related to a chemical issues in a article I recently read... it's complicated but it amounts to the fact that I need to get back to Low Carb.
    I was adding in more rice and carbs in... and reducing my medication at the same time... my illness got worse and I blamed the reduction in medication. Probably a bit prematurely...
    I now am doing another round after going back LC-VLC... I'm not sure I need full on Ketosis.
    But my brain issue has included problems that mimic partial seizures which point me in this direction.

n=1
    That's how this works.

I don't know if I ever had a "honeymoon" with Primal...
    It's always been just me, plodding down this road because, honestly... WTF else am I going to do?
    I cant eat salt... medical dietary restriction... that removes 90% of packaged foods right there.
    I know that in my shoes (i.e. crazy medical issues) a crap diet will just make it worse.
    I hope that this clean healthy diet is helping heal me... it seems to be working (with my own adjustments) as my doctors are surprised that I haven had some issues that other people typically have when taking the medications I'm on.
    You do what you can...
    And march on.

Maybe this time next year there will be a "success" story about me?
    Maybe not. Because I might not have the 'six pack' that people consider a success...
    But if I get a REMISSION... f*k them all.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast