Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To Gym or not to Gym page 3

Deonte is offline Junior Member
    Go to gym is important things but if you are cannot get to it so you should be a part of your work at home by putting the weight into it. You can use healthy food to be fit and healthy and usually you can also do push up at morning when you are awaken.Its kinda best form of exercise.

Please share your suggestions.

Boot camp workout
    Last edited by Deonte; 10-17-2012 at 01:59 AM.

mark2741 is offline Member
    After canceling my CrossFit box membership this past weekend I wanted to start working out right away (with emphasis on strength training vs the primarily metcons with the occasional high-rep oly lifts I was doing at CrossFit). I don't have a garage so a squat rack and other equipment at home wasn't an option. I joined a local gym (it's actually a squash club but they have a large fitness area) and I use the equipment there, with the added benefit of some treadmills for 'moving slowly' during the cold winter months.

A bonus is that today I found out they have some bumper plates! : )

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbyJ View Post
    The Gym is great. Nobody nagging you to help with homework, take out the trash, or wash the car. You don't have to stock the toilet paper, wash the towels, or sweep the floors. It's just you, your body, and the equipment. Other than that I really don't see much reason to go to the gym.
    I like this post. I feel the same way. The gym is "me time" put in your earbuds, stare at some cardio lady asses and lift some weight. I also like being around other people there for the same thing. My gym is very new so, may e that's why but, I also love having a shower there and getting fresh.

Rich Capalbo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbyJ View Post
    The Gym is great. Nobody nagging you to help with homework, take out the trash, or wash the car. You don't have to stock the toilet paper, wash the towels, or sweep the floors. It's just you, your body, and the equipment. Other than that I really don't see much reason to go to the gym.
    This is my main reason to go to gym (YMCA -Chicago, loaded with good equipment) It's a 1 hour health appointment twice a week. I have kettle bells at home for one workout.

mark2741 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofturtles View Post
    My gym is very new so, may e that's why but, I also love having a shower there and getting fresh.
    Same here. My gym is about 4 years old but they have kept it nice and are always improving it. Before re-joining this gym (I was a member there last year and enjoyed it, but quit to try CrossFit), I made the rounds to the two other area gyms. The most popular one, a Bally's that was bought last year by LA Fitness and seemingly has been left to rot, is a downright sh*thole. It smelled, and I could tell why every week in the township police report there are reports of thefts in the locker room/parking lot: lots of shady dudes walking around there.

For less than $10 more per month I'm in a really nice, non-crowded gym. When I talk to people about gyms they always say, "You should always go for the cheapest cus the equipment is all the same." But the reality is that the atmosphere and cleanliness is just as important.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123