Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want a Tabata interval MP3 that isn't lame page

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member

I want a Tabata interval MP3 that isn't lame

I thought this would be a great idea while out running this morning, and thought someone must have done it, but I've not had much luck finding what I'm looking for.

Does anyone have any links or ideas, I've listen to a few on you-tube and they are lame IMHO, I don't want countdowns or anything like that, just 20 seconds of kick ass propper heavy fast music followed by 10 seconds of chilled. Something like this when it starts getting fast(which came on while I was sprinting on Sunday and was most awsome.

Dropping to something sedate like the intro to this (my idea of sedate is probably not the same as everyone elses)

It's probably not hard to do if you have the right programme and arn't a techno numpty (grok hit magic noise box with sick to free little men in-side singing)
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    that is such a good idea but i have no clue on the technology to do it! i cant even work out how to program my cell phone to do timed intervals so i have to count them in my head.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    I used to have an "eye of the tiger" from the Rocky movies as a tabata track...
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

'Eye of the tiger' would be great, stuff like kettle bells or sledge hammer work I reckon I'd want something even faster for all out running sprints.

Does no-one know of a really easy to use mp3 editing programm? One where I can just cut out sections of a track and join them up - feel free to laugh at my tecno-numptyness
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    I've used a program called Audacity before to edit MP3s and WAVs... it's free and not too difficult to use.

Swarley is offline Junior Member
    Agree with PrimalMama. I used Audacity back in college to make ringtones for my phone since I was too cheap to buy them.

Edit:

You'll also want to grab the first 25 seconds of System of a Down - BYOB. You could probably cut out the first 5 seconds but it's fast guitar leading into a scream. I used to have that in my HIIT playlist back when I was doing HIIT.
    Last edited by Swarley; 10-03-2012 at 12:24 PM.
    The greater the achievement the more difficult the path. The easy road is granted to those less fortunate as a consolation prize.

Thank you I'm looking at the Audacity site now and downloading it. That should keep me occupied for a bit.

mike_h is offline Senior Member
    With Tabata sprints, do people tend to wait until they come to a stop before starting the count of 10 seconds rest?
    I ask because at that speed it takes me about 3 seconds to stop and I don't want that eating into the precious rest time.

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    it's not a Harry Potter incantation. Three seconds either way won't make any meaningful difference.

mike_h is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'd still like some anthropological evidence on whether or not Grok started counting his 10 seconds rest as soon as he stopped

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast