Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need a laxative recommendation. page 2

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ive read these problems are typically associated with lack of fat or having problems with fiber
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Paleobird Guest
    Coconut oil. Just don't take too much at once or you will have the opposite problem.

PaleoCowgirl is offline Senior Member
    I've had luck with many of the above recommendations, but I thought I would also add Smooth Move Tea, a laxative called Colon Super Cleanse and Epsom Salt Baths. But, overall, more fat in the diet and less fiber generally does the trick for me.

jpatti is offline Member
    More fat, more water (especially as fiber increases, else it'll stop you up), probiotics and if ongoing, get thyroid checked... and make sure they test FT3, FT4 and rT3.

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Chug a can of coconut milk - done and done.
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    I have found that a vegetable based stool softener called Senacot works pretty well, it's not harsh like some "movers" are.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    agree about the smooth moves for quick relief. it's herbal and works reliably overnight.

after that, plenty of water, cooked leafy greens, lots of good fats and a magnesium supplement.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

snoops is offline Senior Member
    Fleet enema. I've used this twice. You can buy it at a drug store. Plasitc bottle with 3" nozzle. Lie on your side insert and squeeze liquid. 5 mintues on your side and "BANG". It breaks up the plug from the other side and is immediate unlike the things you take orally. I've only used it when I know nothing is going to break up the plug! I guess its immediate relief which probably means its not that great for you and you really should try to adjust your diet so the problem doens't occur. But relief is relief

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    It really depends on what the cause of your constipation is, and whether it's a chronic or short-term/recent issue, possibly caused by change in diet.

I have 6+ years of IBS experience (with constipation). Tried EVERYTHING out there, from all the OTC laxatives to every old wives' remedy, etc... and the one and only thing that has ever worked successfully for me is Hydro-C, which I ordered from the gutsense website. Unlike the OTC stuff, it doesn't cause cramping or bloating or dependency.

In a pinch, you could also just try high doses of Vitamin C (if you're Vit C deficient, your body will absorb it, so you really have to take an amount that is above your daily need, which is likely 2g+) I've found that for some reason the Hydro-C is a little more effective, but regular Vit C (try to get Ascorbic Acid in powder form, if possible) also works.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by snoops View Post
    Fleet enema.
    i tried one of these on vacation a few years back. it didn't help because i was backed up too "far", lol, i guess. i tried several rounds of it too. nada.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast