Thread: Play! Hard to Avoid the Stupid Things page

MaverickBris is offline Junior Member

Play! Hard to Avoid the Stupid Things

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So in true Primal style I thought I would try to incorporate some Play element to my day. So took the 3.5 Year Old God-Daughter ice skating (considering here in Brisbane, Australia - we are at sea level and it never snows so iceskating indoor is a novelty).

Wow what a massively cool workout - my legs and hips were killing me and the cardio was fun as well......

.....right up until the point I caught the tip of my skate and did a total faceplant onto the ice. Day off work nursing a seriously bruised knee.

All that ran through my head was marks Primal Laws about avoiding hazardous things.

Knee is better now, just a bit stiff of a morning, but I have been able to jog with it and do my primal squats in my workout so I got lucky. The trouble is that once you introduce a 3 year old to something they love they want to do it again....god help me.

Maybe I should take her to the beach - little more of our natual habitat.

Sorry just had to share my embarrasing moment - as a lesson to other 30 year old Grok Wannabees - sometimes Play hurts!

Ross...

Jena is offline Senior Member
    I started (finally) doing squats last week. My legs were SO sore! I went to work the next day walking like Gumby. Trust me there were very inappropriate inquiries as to what I had been doing the night before. Lol... the occasional embarrassments are definitely worth it though!
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

Miscellangela is offline Senior Member
    Keep thinking i should have a kid just so i have someone to play with. My dog's lazy, my friends just like to hang out at bars.

But then there's a somewhat lengthy period where they're too small and delicate for things like tag and races and stuff.

The only kid i know is my 14 year old neice, who's the drippiest kid you ever did meet.

Anyone care to lend me a child? Prefereably one who needs to get tired out?

(Sigh) i think i'm just a little bored with solitary play.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    I'll lend myself, i want toget away fromhere anyway
    Billie trips balls

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Love the story. A good face plant is good for the soul - as long as you don't break anything. Between being clumsy, loving platform shoes, and being sort of spacey, I've ended up on my ass in public a fair number of times. When you can do it and then roll around on the ground laughing at yourself, you've arrived.