Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ok, This Is Gonna Sound Vain. No Way Around It. page 5

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's the fit guys, that have the smile and the great personality that end up leaving me speechless and grabbing my hair like a 13 year old. I have a feeling if I met a few of the guys from here in person I'd fall over.

Lord, there is a guy who often ends up walking by my office and we have chatted a few times. Mmm. Everytime, I just end up saying something stupid and he smiles and says something really funny leaving me dumbfounded for a few minutes. That combo of smile, funny, nice and amazing body that you can tell is amazing thru dockers and a poloshirt..... makes a girls day, it does.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Ok, Great American Beer Festival is over. Friends have flown home. Still feel like I'm recovering a little, but what a great few days. I actually did a better job with eating over the weekend than I thought I would; besides the gallons of booze, I really only had a couple of desserts and a few handfuls of pretzels--the rest of my eating stayed primal. Light workout coming up today to get back into the swing of things, then I'm gonna figure out how to get my abs ripped. I look the same after the weekend (after the bloating went away. How my stomach felt all weekend is a whole other story).

I wonder if the potato feast that's going around the forum is the way to go? I'm too worried about dropping some muscle weight, though.

Bosstycoon is offline Senior Member
    This thread was pretty funny to read ha! but MR.Anthony good luck with your goals with your abs!! your stats are my stats but at my lean body mass. currently at 180 5'10 and still cutting
    Started Primal November 20, 2011
    Slipped from Christmas-New Years
    January 2, 2012 until Death= 100% Primal/Paleo

Start Weight-210
    Goal Weight-Skinny with a 6 pack and lean all around

Journal.... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Ok, Great American Beer Festival is over. Friends have flown home. Still feel like I'm recovering a little, but what a great few days. I actually did a better job with eating over the weekend than I thought I would; besides the gallons of booze, I really only had a couple of desserts and a few handfuls of pretzels--the rest of my eating stayed primal. Light workout coming up today to get back into the swing of things, then I'm gonna figure out how to get my abs ripped. I look the same after the weekend (after the bloating went away. How my stomach felt all weekend is a whole other story).

I wonder if the potato feast that's going around the forum is the way to go? I'm too worried about dropping some muscle weight, though.
    Give the potato thing a try for 5 days. You won't be sorry. You won't lose muscle. Do it for 10-14 days for even more fat loss. It works. Just potatoes and no heavy workouts.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    It's the fit guys, that have the smile and the great personality that end up leaving me speechless and grabbing my hair like a 13 year old. I have a feeling if I met a few of the guys from here in person I'd fall over.

Lord, there is a guy who often ends up walking by my office and we have chatted a few times. Mmm. Everytime, I just end up saying something stupid and he smiles and says something really funny leaving me dumbfounded for a few minutes. That combo of smile, funny, nice and amazing body that you can tell is amazing thru dockers and a poloshirt..... makes a girls day, it does.
    Way to make us naturally skinny guys who have to work our asses off for every ounce of muscle we have feel like we have a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Give the potato thing a try for 5 days. You won't be sorry. You won't lose muscle. Do it for 10-14 days for even more fat loss. It works. Just potatoes and no heavy workouts.
    I'm thinking about it. I'm going to get dialed back in (I'm treating the Beer Fest as a 3 day 'carb refeed') for the next week or two, and then who knows. Maybe I'll pick up 20 pounds of potatoes in a couple of weeks and start. I guess get all my heavy lifting in before I start eating potatoes? Then just light workouts during? Also, what about taking BCAAs while eating potatoes and working out?

Enh, stuff to think about if I decide to do it.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I'm thinking about it. I'm going to get dialed back in (I'm treating the Beer Fest as a 3 day 'carb refeed') for the next week or two, and then who knows. Maybe I'll pick up 20 pounds of potatoes in a couple of weeks and start. I guess get all my heavy lifting in before I start eating potatoes? Then just light workouts during? Also, what about taking BCAAs while eating potatoes and working out?

Enh, stuff to think about if I decide to do it.
    I'd say no to BCAA and workouts. I do light bodyweight stuff like half my normal pullups and pushups and walk 3-5 mi day while on a potato crash.

As an update, I'm starting to mix up my workouts a little more, and my nutrition. I typically do one day "push" (chest, triceps, some kind of squat or lunge), then one day of "pull" (back, biceps, deadlifts or something), then a "rest day" that is lighter stuff like yoga or sprints or core or playing around with whatever. Then repeat the cycle, with a true day off where I really don't do anything physical at all every week. I'd been keeping my macros at like 70% fat, 20-25% protein most days.

This week, I switched over to more of a full-body workout every other day (yesterday I did bench, incline dumbbell bench, inverted rows, rows, squats, something else, and like 60 pull ups/chin ups weighted with 30 pounds) with a day off in between where I do whatever. Yoga, something light. I also switched to doing reverse pyramid on most lifts. This was also the first time I've been legitimately sore from lifting in a while.

I'm also eating lower fat/higher carb on lifting days and higher fat/lower carb on off days, high protein every day. So sort of leangains, but not strictly counting everything (I have a good feel for what is what, food-wise). I also usually don't eat before I work out and naturally IF by not needing breakfast.

I'm gonna see how it goes for a few weeks, then reevaluate. Then...maybe potatoes. I'm kind of liking the challenge of getting totally shredded again.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345