Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ok, This Is Gonna Sound Vain. No Way Around It. page 3

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Just eating right and some some exercise is probably not going to do it, unless you have the genetics for that shit. You're most likely going to have to buck down and diet more intensely while working out in a smart way to avoid burn-out.

You have to consider that for the human body, a safe homeostasis includes a healthy side of fat - being super lean is not deemed "safe" by the body unless you've been that lean for years. In other words, if you're a skinny fuck naturally then you're good to be super lean all the time, if you're not, you're going to have to work for it.

Definitely incorporate sprints into your workous - eat plenty of protein and don't go too high on carbs except on training days (and even then, you don't have to eat THAT much in the way of carbs) and avoid snacky shit, eat square meals - fast every now and then as well.

Adolfo Cerame, a bodybuilder, eats a paleo-ish diet combined with leangains style fasting to do 'clean bulks' and other shit I don't care about, you can read some of his work here: Adelfo Cerame - Ten Days to Mission Possible: Battle Plan for the 2013 Wheelchair Bodybuilding Season. Fasting, Eating, Training, Coaching, Counting, Sleeping & Prevailing - SuppVersity: Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    I've always been pretty happy with my abs but they really started to pop when I started working on backbends and bridges. Check out Al Kavadlo's site...that guy is flippin awesome
    I treat my body like a temple.....to nourish the Goddess who lives inside

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelmar View Post
    I've always been pretty happy with my abs but they really started to pop when I started working on backbends and bridges. Check out Al Kavadlo's site...that guy is flippin awesome
    Al also does lots of iron flags and the more easily attainable (but still brutal) dragon flag.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    I think at this point my goal will come from dialing in my nutrition perfectly. I don't really count anything (occasionally plug in a day into a calculator to make sure I'm getting enough calories/fat, but that's rare). I should be fine on the workout side; I can do one-arm pull-ups, bench 275 regularly (I weigh 155 at 5'9" or 10"), and am naturally lean and always pushing myself athletically. Probably the sugar detox will get it done...after Great American Beer Festival is over.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/x...1126320044.jpg

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/IMAG0258.jpg

Here are the links to my "before" pics. Let me know if it doesn't work; I'm on my phone. I'll put up "afters" if I get shredded.

Sabre is offline Senior Member
    Abs are an easy challenge compared to what you could be facing...

edit: crunches are king. static holds. paiiiinnnn, sucka.

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post

Here are the links to my "before" pics. Let me know if it doesn't work; I'm on my phone. I'll put up "afters" if I get shredded.
    Okay here is what I think.. you're abs look really great already. As a woman I would tell you that not having a huge gut is great enough and that you don't need to lean out anymore.

I hate to say it but you are going to have to work real hard to get to your goal. This is going to be 90% diet. You have a great abdominal structure for the look that you want so you will get there eventually. You can experiment with IF, really low carb or even add some ab isolation exercises. Watch your salt intake but other than that as you know already you are going to have to drop some body fat. I would say 5 lbs at the least.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    highschool girls absolutely LOVE abs. good luck in your endeavors. i would say that you need to eat even less carbs, because carbs = fat. try to get negative net carbs if you can.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    The only way its going to happen is be going on a calorie deficit. It doesn't matter what method you use to get their though.

abc123 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post

Your abs aren't thick enough.. To get them "shredded" you're going to have to train them like you do every other muscle, "heavy".. All the crunches & "static" whatever won't get you what you're looking for.. I used to hang a 10lb dumbbell bw my feet & do hanging legs raises, hold a 25lb plate on my chest & do sit ups.. Your abs are too flat in my opinion, they need to "pop" for what you are looking for, gotta bulk them a little or else you'll just have a flat stomach..

Your diet seems to be on target.. I keep it low carb, no water retention, low sodium, low inflammation, etc.. You're on target, keep doing what you're doing, just takes time to build dense, lean muscle..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast