Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Caloric intake to lose 1 lb a week seems low, thoughts? page 3

magpieoz is offline Junior Member
    Again, thanks! I was thinking the same thing. I think on days that I do lift or run I will eat more and then cut back on lazy days where I am only walking to and from work.

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magpieoz View Post
    This is really helpful, thanks. I feel like we're on similar programs except I haven't gone fully paleo. I am still on ideal protein, but plan to commit next week. Do you drink at all? I think that is a biggie for me, I have to cut out wine when I want to lose, or booze in general. Also do you allow any fruit or yogurt? I am obsessed with plain greek yogurt, but if I have it in the house I eat it so thinking I can't have it in the house. Same with nuts and nut butter and dark chocolate and fruit for that matter. hahaha. will power is a little tough.
    I mean sometimes I'll eat non paleo foods if I feel like it but I don't overdo it. I don't eat dairy because I'm lactose intolerant. As far as fruit, it's not something I eat everyday because I'm just not a fruit person. If I'm out I take one with me and I'll wait until I get home to have a full meal. It really depends on my mood. Most often I put a banana in my workout shake with some protein powder. Other than that it's not a must have for me.

I really don't drink. I'll have a couple of glasses of wine or gin and tonic If I go to a club but I don't make it habit to drink everyday. As far as nut butter or nuts in general, I certainly have them in my pantry but I usually eat them to fill calories for the day. I know my diet seems kinda boring but honestly when I eat the healthiest I feel the best. There are so many things you can do with veggies, meat and healthy fat. Sometimes you need time to allow your palette to adjust.

Again so helpful! Yes, I've been eating mostly veggies and meat for awhile, but I took the summer off and it showed. I think I just need to really commit and clean out the old pantry of any treats if I can't stop myself.

Thanks again!

NextSteps is offline Junior Member
    I started Primal at about the same place as you except for 5'7", 145 ish lb, post-menopausal (which gives you an edge, girl!)-coming in at about 10 lb lighter since June. I saw the first real results about 2 months in after a 24 hr fast, which I continue to do 1x/week. I don't count calories at all, but I do try to listen to my body. The scale numbers can vary +/- 2 lb just depending on the bulk I'm eating (not necessarily calories) and what's going on in the bathroom (sorry).

Consider treating Primal as a health and happiness prescription, rather than a weight loss solution. If you give it time, as your body adjusts, you will reach your best weight for you. Pay attention to how your body reacts to more or less fat (good threads on this). Targeting one lb per week sounds like it is working against your long-term success and maybe just relaxing and focusing on the lifestyle would be less stressful. Or not. However you proceed, good luck with your goals!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by NextSteps View Post

Targeting one lb per week sounds like it is working against your long-term success and maybe just relaxing and focusing on the lifestyle would be less stressful. Or not. However you proceed, good luck with your goals!!
    <3 <3<3 this. Thanks for the encouragement. Yes, every since i started ideal protein diet I've gotten a little crazy about all the weight loss crap. So I am excited to kinda chill and go primal as a lifestyle change vs. a diet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123