Thread: lightheaded but not hungry? page

lightheaded but not hungry?

Shop Now
    does this happen to anyone else? even before i started IF, it seems like i get lightheaded & dizzy (like you do when you need to eat) way before i ever get the rumbling OMG I NEED FOOD feeling in my gut?
    i've been low carb/primal for 3 years, & had this problem before changing my diet & like i said, before i started IF.

hope this makes a little bit of sense..thanks for any info or input :]

Leida is offline Senior Member
    This is likely an electrolite balance. Salt water is what you might need.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    That's what I felt like when I was hypoglycemic. If I'm not getting enough food day to day, this still happens when I IF.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

thanks yall. i'll look into the suggestions. it gets annoying sometimes, bc i feel like i'm eating more to get rid of the headache rather than to fulfill hunger...
    also i feel like i'm always craving something..even when i'm not hungry or lightheaded at all, i always want some kind of taste..i guess thats part of being an ex smoker..but..the constant need/want for some kind of flavor/taste is probably the worst..i wish i could figure out a way to get past that..then i know i'd be 100% binge free & feel more in control

JustBreathe is offline Junior Member
    ashley, i get the same way! i feel hypoglycemic like nameless said (lightheaded/dizzy), but in regards to my stomach i won't feel hungry at all. i also have the same constant craving for something...definitely makes me feel a little out of control. haven't learned how to get past it either.

not sure what would help, but glad to know i'm not the only one!

primalkyle is offline Senior Member
    Eating a lot of fat at breakfast generally keeps me from feeling like that throughout the day...then I just eat fat/protein/non-starchy carbs for dinner. If I skip out on the fat and eat something light (or just skip breakfast), my mid-day, I feel like you do.

Breakfast: eggs, avocado, cheese, veggies (and bacon/sausage mixed in)...

Bron is offline Senior Member
    Yep, pre-primal the simple carbs did that for me. Now it happens when I'm pretty tired, about 2pm each day. So I usually have a sleep (today I got my hair cut instead, but I'm feeling that way right now. Will try and make it without a nap today)

hm..i guess i'll look more into the whole hypoglycemic deal. if i could figure out how to get control over this i'd be set..thanks again!