Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 277

Thread: Porn: Even less Primal than Twinkies! page 6

  1. #51
    Uncephalized's Avatar
    Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,883
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Yeah it sounds as though you needed to stop, good for you. Personally, if I spend more than 30 mins in a porn session, it's very odd. I def use it as a means to an end, and don't care so much to just WATCH it, I scroll through, get to the good stuff and get on with my day.
    Yup. I can't even imagine spending an entire evening watching porn, or losing track of the time while watching it--that sounds like a real addiction you had there DavidBrennan! Probably for the best that YOU quit t3h pr0n. But that's OK, more server bandwidth for the rest of us.

    I usually just search around until I find something that tickles my fancy of the moment, skip to the best parts, get 'er done, and then turn it off.

    Also, your weird habit of calling men who choose not to have children "sterile" and "impotent" is getting creepier every time you write it...
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

    My Primal Journal

  2. #52
    lead352's Avatar
    lead352 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBrennan View Post
    What's the most Primal thing of all? Wanting to spread your genes onto the next generation, obviously. From a strictly evolutionary standpoint, that's what it's all about.

    So, what modern activity (a) causes young men to not want to have any sex, (b) stifles them emotionally and mentally such that no girls want them, either, (c) utterly pulverizes men's emotional resolve and mental focus, and (d) screws up your brain more than a breakfast of Twinkies and Coco Puffs screws up your gut, and (e) screws with crucial hormones like Dopamine.

    "Modern grains!", you say? Yeah, I'm sure those do it, too. But the answer I was looking for is internet porn. (Which is "qualitatively different" than porn in an old Playboy rag - though that's bad, too - because of its greater ability to provide novelty, thus wildly exacerbating porn's native harms.)

    At a different thread, wiltondeportes shared this epic TED Talk video which details how destructive porn is to the brain. I was riveted watching this....even though I've made it a point to avoid porn for several years, now. I can still remember how consuming it was, and can relate to much of what he describes, on a subjective level.

    As a companion piece to that, here is a fiercely-written pair of articles, written by a female, detailing what porn does to you. You can almost feel her frustration at the thought of the men in her life rapid-clicking through internet porn (c'mon now, most all of us dudes have done that) like rats in an experiment clicking on the lever to get themselves heroin.

    Pornography
    Pornography’s Effect on the Brain, Part 2 | The Occidental Observer - White Identity, Interests, and Culture

    Surprised no-one has commented yet on paras 4-6 of part 1 where she talks about the homosexual conspiracy in America and a possible "cure" for it. David Brennan, just to be clear, this implies that homosexuality needs to be cured. I suspect a few people on here would disagree with that. Kind of discredits anything else she writes, in my humble opinion.
    Last edited by Admin; 01-14-2013 at 11:58 AM.

  3. #53
    Uncephalized's Avatar
    Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,883
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBrennan View Post
    Yeah, that's the way to do it if you have to. Although I personally don't even need to use porn to jerk off, but I guess that some dudes do.
    Good for you? I don't either, and I don't see the relevance.

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBrennan View Post
    Yeah, I am creeped out by sterile and impotent dudes so I personally use those words in a pejorative context. I don't know why you'd be so familiar and comfortable with impotence.

    (But, actually, I don't know that I've used the word more than once. But whatever.)
    Do you even know what those words mean? You use them as though you are unaware that there is a difference between being unable to perform sexually (impotence), being unable to father children (sterility), and simply choosing not to reproduce (childlessness). Of course, none of these indicates a character fault in the person in question; two are health issues often not under any sort of control--Do you insult people for being paraplegic or having colon cancer? Are you "creeped out" by people with muscular dystrophy?--and one is simply a personal choice that has no bearing on your life whatever and is therefore none of your damn business to be judging or hating on. Treating people as your inferiors for any of these reasons makes you an ass-faced motherfucker.

    And I'm not referring to this thread alone; you repeated the insults many times over, directed at multiple users, in the other thread you started a while back about the "infertility epidemic".

    Also, I checked out the website of this "Lasha Darkmoon" and she is quite obviously a lunatic. Ranting on about the "role of international Jewry", 9/11 conspiracies and the like does little for my confidence in her ability to rationally assess evidence and come to logically-supported conclusions.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

    My Primal Journal

  4. #54
    lead352's Avatar
    lead352 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    42
    David B., please could you expand a little bit on why you don't think homosexuality is a good lifestyle?

    I haven't summarily dismissed anything, but I do think if you write or say something stupid, it has an impact on the credibility of whatever else you write or say.

    I'll have to look forward to your response and the fall out tomorrow as its past my bedtime now in the good old United Kingdom.

  5. #55
    Winterbike's Avatar
    Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Hate does not equal finding creepy. But yeah.....I would not go around admitting to having one night stands with nasty chicks while judging men who watch porn.
    That's the funniest thing in all his nonsense. When you're so horny you lower your standards, maybe you should consider using porn as a temporary option.

    This whole debate is still pretty dumb for me. I'd like to see real numbers, not people freaking out about ''kids these days being into weird sexual stuff, not like in our time, when missionary was the shit''.

    What is the proportion of people who are affected by porn addiction? 20% or 0.01%? Is the reason we see more guys with sexual problems a consequence of porn, of lower libido caused by bad health, of the fact that it's now a lot more acceptable to see a sexologist about it than before, or something else I haven't thought about? It's easy to point at every sexual problem people have and blame porn. Maybe porn addiction is a consequence of much deeper problems. Ever considered that?

    I also hate the idea that suggests we're in this weird future where men turn down hot sex with a real woman to look at porn. The reason I watch porn right now is because it's that or nothing, because guess what, getting laid with girls that interest me to a minimum (hey, some of us have standards) isn't that easy. I have social skills, plenty of female friends, and I'm reasonably good looking too, I can't imagine how hard it must be for some folks out there. And I won't blame them for watching porn.

  6. #56
    Uncephalized's Avatar
    Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,883
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBrennan View Post
    Yeah, we're getting our wires crossed: You had written that you need porn to get off, and I was saying that that's your business. So sorry that there was some miscommunication there.
    LOL. Please quote me saying any such thing, in any thread, ever.

    (Hint: you won't be able to do so, because I haven't!)

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBrennan View Post
    Alrighty, then. If you don't wanna read her writings, that's your business. I don't know why you'd insult and hate on this girl without reading her works, but that's, once again, your business. I don't know her, but her writing just kicks ass, in my opinion. People can check it out here.
    Well, let's see. I read what she wrote. It struck me as the rantings of a nutso-type-person. Then I said so. I don't "hate" her--I'm more inclined to pity her, because she seems to be loony and that's just sad. Much sadder than shooting blanks.

    I might have used a similar process to come to my opinion of certain other person(s) who are in the habit of promoting the silly ideas of disturbingly irrational people.
    Last edited by Uncephalized; 10-01-2012 at 03:37 PM.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

    My Primal Journal

  7. #57
    snoops's Avatar
    snoops is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    227
    Surprised no one has commented on all the racist comments from her followers. If that's the company she keeps I've no time for her. I do however believe that the internet has made porn so available and free for young men that it worries me because I have a son.

  8. #58
    BestBetter's Avatar
    BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NY / Italy
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Do you even know what those words mean? You use them as though you are unaware that there is a difference between being unable to perform sexually (impotence), being unable to father children (sterility), and simply choosing not to reproduce (childlessness). Of course, none of these indicates a character fault in the person in question; two are health issues often not under any sort of control--Do you insult people for being paraplegic or having colon cancer? Are you "creeped out" by people with muscular dystrophy?--and one is simply a personal choice that has no bearing on your life whatever and is therefore none of your damn business to be judging or hating on. Treating people as your inferiors for any of these reasons makes you an ass-faced motherfucker.

    And I'm not referring to this thread alone; you repeated the insults many times over, directed at multiple users, in the other thread you started a while back about the "infertility epidemic".
    I think I'm going to repeatedly keep quoting this every time DB makes a ridulous comment about being sterile/impotent/childless, which he CLEARLY doesn't understand are three completely different things, none of which deserve being judged for.

  9. #59
    DavidBrennan's Avatar
    DavidBrennan is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    Wow, dude, you seriously didn't read what I wrote. I have an ALREADY high sex drive that is made HIGHER if I watch porn. I never said that I needed it to stimulate sex.
    Okay. I believe you.

  10. #60
    DavidBrennan's Avatar
    DavidBrennan is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    LOL. Please quote me saying any such thing, in any thread, ever.

    (Hint: you won't be able to do so, because I haven't!)
    I think I was referencing this post:

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    I usually just search around until I find something that tickles my fancy of the moment, skip to the best parts, get 'er done, and then turn it off.
    You note that you must "search around" in order for your fancy to be tickled.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •