Thread: Need help with finding Paleo/Primal/Gluten-Free info for arthritis page

TorMag is offline Senior Member

Need help with finding Paleo/Primal/Gluten-Free info for arthritis

Shop Now
    A budy of mine who has recently become Paleo/Primal sent me this request today.

"Need help finding Paleo/Primal/Gluten-Free testimonials from peeps with arthritis… Paaleease. " Apparently his mother in law is thinking of trying Primal, and would like to hear how it has helped some people with arthritis.

Thanks
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

SuBee is offline Member
    Stuck "arthritis" into the forum search and turned up this:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread10123.html

There were a lot of other threads, also. Might be useful. Good luck!

BratKat is offline Senior Member
    My co-worker thought she had arthritis (and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia!) for many years. As an experiment, she went gluten-free for a month, and her "arthritis" and "fibromyalgia" both miraculously disappeared. All those years of suffering, and the whole time it was just wheat....

KWM
    KWM is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Purely anecdotal and Her Mileage May Vary --

I'm now 64, female, and have had osteo-arthritis issues for the last 8 years or so. The arthritis in my thumb joints and fingers was particularly bothersome in 2007. Midway during that year, I went on the Zone program and arthritis pain was almost completely gone in about a month.

Fell off that wagon in early 2008 and arthritis issues returned, as bad as before.

Started Primal in 2011 -- still there, with a couple of longer lases (more than a month of too much fruit, a bread binge or two and one memorable ice cream orgy). As long as I stay within the program the arthritis is a non-issue. Benefits show up in a week or less, full relief within a month of clean eating. I have to do a lot of handwriting for my job (primarily document signing, sigh) so I am particularly alert to when the hands hurt.

I don't have to be in full-blown ketosis to get the beneficial effects, but being in ketosis helps so many other aging issues (muscle inflammation, soreness, sleep disruption) that I try to visit keto-land as often as possible.