Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Journal of Kelmar page

Kelmar is offline Senior Member

The Journal of Kelmar

xx
    Last edited by Kelmar; 11-04-2014 at 03:25 PM.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Hi!

I sort of do the same thing, while walking- typically very early in the morning (I have a thing for watching the sunrise) I will almost always breathlessly speak/sing some phrase that fits the cadence of my steps. It changes daily, and sometimes is as simple as "way to go, boy" or "go long, go strong."

It helps with the focus. I also use it to regulate my breathing while running (which I'm not really doing a lot of yet since I still have some weight left to lose).

I just started with Harry Potter with my Son. He likes some of it but is scared a bit too (he's just 7).

David
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

Same here with my boy. But he'll only watch about a half hour at any one time. He'd like it way better if it it started and ended with the Quidditch matches.
    Body Fat 30.5

Henna and Indigo? Would you mix them to get a deep brown? I didn't know it worked on hair. Cool.

I've just recently switched to Dr. Bonners soap for my hair because I get squeamish reading the ingredients list on shampoo. But my hair is short so I don't have near the issues you would.

What is your costume going to be? I'm always at a trade show on Halloween, so I miss all of the festivities. :-(
    Body Fat 30.5

Yes, you mix the henna first (cause it has to sit for like 12 hours) then right before you apply it you mix the indigo up and add it in, I think I will try a 1/3 henna to 2/3 indigo mix and hopefully that will turn out dark brown, and since both are natural plants it is supposed to be very good for ones hair.

The ingredients of regular shampoo make me nervous too, I'm thinking about trying Burts Bees shampoo, but its like $10 a bottle, would be ok for the shampoo as I use very little of that, but I use quite a bit of conditioner and that would get to be very expensive! I'll have to figure something out though, I'm working on making everything I put in or use on my body natural.

I am going to be Mother Earth (or Mother Nature) for halloween this year. I love halloween, I'll try to get some pictures and put them up just for fun

It works the same way with oil paints (a hobby) mixing red-brown with indigo will make a deep blue or brown (depending on the proportions) and equal amounts will be nearly black.

Please do post pictures! A friend of mine suggested I put on a baseball cap, with a short length of string hanging off of the bill to which a leaf is attached, which would sway as I exhale... So I would be a 'leaf blower'... Lol!
    Body Fat 30.5

A leaf blower! I love it, that's an awesome idea

Yes, I've read that hair can turn out black or almost blue/black if you use too much indigo so it will be interesting to see how it comes out, I'll be stuck with whatever I get so hopefully it's good, lol.

I really like the look of brunette hair when its got that henna red tint. Pretty. I've not seen anybody with blue highlights though. Of course growing up on superman comic books, his hair is always drawn with blue highlights, so it could work!
    Body Fat 30.5

Congratulations on dealing effectively with the ex and his spouse. I bet you're correct about what she said, because just as you say, kids don't pull that stuff out of the air. But when they hear it, it sticks. It's so good you could deal with it without anger. That was my biggest challenge in dealing with my ex-wife about the kids. It took me a long time to realize that no matter how justified I felt, becoming angry didn't ever help. Ever.

It's cool about the photo shoot!

David
    Body Fat 30.5

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How was the Mexican place? I love Mexican, but it's hard for me to stay primal when I eat that food!
    Body Fat 30.5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast