Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Journal of Kelmar page 3

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    A leaf blower! I love it, that's an awesome idea

Yes, I've read that hair can turn out black or almost blue/black if you use too much indigo so it will be interesting to see how it comes out, I'll be stuck with whatever I get so hopefully it's good, lol.
    I treat my body like a temple.....to nourish the Goddess who lives inside

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    I really like the look of brunette hair when its got that henna red tint. Pretty. I've not seen anybody with blue highlights though. Of course growing up on superman comic books, his hair is always drawn with blue highlights, so it could work!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

LOL, hopefully it will turn out just right!

Happy Friday everyone! I would be more enthused if I didn't have such a bad headache right now. I used to get headaches every single day but since going primal I hardly ever get them, not sure why it's cropped up today but I did break down and take some Ibuprofen so hopefully it will be gone soon.

Yoga last night was fantastic! I just really love my instructor, she is so good and very personable, I feel right at home there. Also, a little bit of exciting news, my instructor is bringing a photographer in tomorrow to do some shooting for her website and FB and maybe some print stuff and she asked ME to come in an be a model for her. I was super suprised but said yes, I think it will be fun and I've never had pics taken of me in Yoga poses before (except for headstand) so I will be excited to see how they turn out.

I did not eat dinner last night as expected, but I did have a stalk of celery with almond butter and dried cherries when I got home from Yoga. All other food yesterday was my normal stuff, I really do not get bored eating the same stuff all the time, it just makes it easier to know what to buy and what to fix and I do crave routines.

Tonight is reggae night! I love this band thats coming, I have seen them 3 times but the really neat thing is they have this great brass horn section. A trumpet, a trombone, and a bass sax. The three kids that play them are all music majors at UMKC, and they are super good. I really love a band when they have a horn section, gets me every time!

So, I plan on having a couple drinks tonight and dance my little hinney off, but can't over indulge too much as I have a photo shoot tomorrow (ha that sounds weird!) and I have a wedding to go to tomorrow night as well.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Until Monday,
    Peace and Love,
    Kelmar

Monday again....Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. Mine was pretty darn good. Friday night was the reggae show and it was so much fun as always, I had a great time. However, I had three vodka drinks and apparently that is way over the limit for me, because I was definatley intoxicated. I find the more Primal I am, the more alcohol affects me, so now I know no more than 2 drinks and should probably have had a water in between them. But, I did feel pretty good when I got up on Saturday, I didn't not have much of an appetite but I made myself eat a little somthing before I went to Yoga. The Yoga photoshoot was very awesome. She was actually shooting an instructional video and had a guy there doing still photos as well. We had a whole stage with lights and everything, it was cool, but a lot of work! All the cuts and re-takes, wowza. I didn't realize how hot it really does get under those lights! I ended up doing a warrior series, camel, and cobra for film. Lemme tell you, my back muscles are sore today! However, in addition to my Thursday class I am starting Monday night classes with her tonight, so back to the studio I go, YAY! And hopefully I will get a good stretch out at class tonight.

As far as food goes I made good choices all weekend. I did have some white rice last night, which I consider fine but I usually don't eat it because it messes with my stomach sometimes. But, I just had a little and it seems to be fine. Saturday night we went to a wedding, they had soup and sandwiches and I had some very tasty homemade vegtable soup, not sure of all the ingredients but I figured it was the best choice and I didn't have any cake or anything, although my husband practically shoved a cupcake in my face and seemed really let down that I didn't want to eat it, but that is one of the things I need to be strong about, I can't make bad choices because I know that's what he wants me to do, I have to make the good choices for myself and be damned what his opinion is. I'm a pleaser so its a really hard struggle for me, but I'm working on it, very much so.

I made some very delicious eggs scrambled in bacon grease with red peppers, onions, spinach and a little cheddar cheese on Sunday morning. I really do like eggs but can only eat them maybe once or twice a week, I truly think Im a little intolerant to them because if I try to eat them for breakfast everyday or even everyother day my stomach is NOT happy about it.

I guess that end of update,
    Peace and Love all,
    Kelmar

Oh my goodness what a week this has been! First time I've been in my office for more than 2 minutes in the last two days! Our entire organization is in the process of switching to electronic medical records. So I have been in training for the last two days, sitting in a chair, taking notes and watching slides on the projection screen, all day long. A long couple days, Tuesday I was really stressing about stuff and how everything about my job is going to change, but after yesterday I felt better and am kinda wrapping my head around how stuff is going to work. We go live next week and then 3 more days of training, oh goody

So, needless to say, I felt like I needed something to keep me awake and warm (its freezing in those meeting rooms) so I had a sugar filled $4.50 coffee both Tuesday and yesterday. And when I drink a coffee drink like that it makes me very not hungry, so since I didn't eat my fruit and celery in the AM like normal, I ate that for lunch the last two days. Didn't have any snacks and did Taco bowls tuesday for dinner and had a delicious bacon/egg bowl last night. I cooked the bacon, then scrambled an egg in the bacon grease with diced tomatoes, onion, spinach and a little cheese. Crumbled the bacon and mixed it all together in a bowl, it was pretty tasty.

Yoga on Monday was a tuff class! We did a new pose (twisted child's pose) that I have never done before and we got to review the video footage and photos that we did on Saturday. They turned out really nice and I was happy with them. The photographer made up flyer (with my picture on it, lol) to do personal photo sessions for the rest of the classess. For $20.00 you can go in an use the stage and lights and he will take pics of whatever poses you like and put them on a flash drive for you. As the pictures I've already taken are not for my personal use I may do this just for fun (and actually she said if I wanted to do it I didn't have to pay) so we'll see.

I had to confront my ex-husband and his wife last night about some comments that my son made to me that supposedly came out of his step-mothers mouth. I was very proud of myself because I hate and I mean hate conflict but I talked to both of them together, I was very calm, I did NOT cry, I said everything I wanted to say and looked them both right in the eye. She denied using the words I found very offensive but I'm sure she did say them because it's not a phrase that my son would just pull out of the air. However, apologies were made and hopefully nothing like this will ever happen again.

Tonight for dinner I've got a lovely roast with potatoes, carrots, celery and onion cooking in the crock pot. And I am very happy to be working in my office today. Next week is sure to be stressful but I'm just gonna roll with whatever happens and let stuff settle how it will.

Peace and love friends,
    Kelmar

Congratulations on dealing effectively with the ex and his spouse. I bet you're correct about what she said, because just as you say, kids don't pull that stuff out of the air. But when they hear it, it sticks. It's so good you could deal with it without anger. That was my biggest challenge in dealing with my ex-wife about the kids. It took me a long time to realize that no matter how justified I felt, becoming angry didn't ever help. Ever.

It's cool about the photo shoot!

David
    Body Fat 27.5

Thanks David! I was pretty proud of myself for holding it together, that is something that I am working on though, getting better at confrontation, baby steps, lol.

Took the kiddos to the pumpkin patch this weekend and now I have roasted pumpkin seeds to eat!! I made some regular salted ones and then I tried cinammon ones too, the cinammon smelled fantastic when they were roasting, and they turned out really good, my dog is absolutley crazy for them, haha!

My halloween costume got a slight change of plans, I went to a halloween party on Saturday and did not have time or the money to finish my original idea, so I just dressed in black and painted my face like a sugar skull. I really like how it turned out, I tried to upload it to photobucket so I could put a picture on here but for some reason my kindle will not download adobe and it wouldn't let me upload the pic, ah well.

I've not had much of an appetite lately. Not really sure why but I've felt a little rundown too, so maybe I'm just trying to fight off a bug or something. I haven't done Yoga (or really any exercise) since last Monday because somehow I hurt my neck and shoulder and I wanted to wait for it to heal, it is all better now so I'd better get back to it. I get a little depressed when I don't incorporate some sort of exercise into my routine.

Food (what little I've been eating) has been all good choices, however, I did drink quite a bit of coffee over the weekend and I usually do not drink coffee (only occasionally) so that may be having an impact on my appetite as well. Yesterday I had to stay home from work because my son was sick and I had 2 cups of coffee with heavy cream and 1 stalk of celery with almond butter and dried cherries all day. I forced myself to eat some dinner about 8ish, a chicken breast and small baked potato, just because I felt like I needed too.

I weighed myself this morning, I have a very old scale and I weighed with my cloths and boots on, but I was down to 116 so I don't feel like I should really be missing any meals. I have eaten more today but not as much as normal and so far it's been all raw fruit and veggies. So I really don't know whats up, guess just roll with it and see what happens.

Looking forward to the weekend (kid free one!) I'm going to see a band I've never seen before (The Kansas City Bear Fighters) and I'm pretty excited about that. I LOVE live music, can't get enough of it

Guess that's about it for today
    Peace and Love all,
    Kelmar

Happy Friday!! I've been feeling much better these last couple of days so hopefully I got over whatever was causing me to feel run down. I started yesterday morning with some restorative Yoga, my workday was not nearly as stressful as I thought it would be so that's always good. Then last night was Yoga at the studio, crazy hard session but I felt so great afterwards, got my Yoga glow on for sure! For a winter time project we are working on a Yoga flow series that eventually she is going to record for a video. It's a very beautiful organic flowing series of poses melting into one another, we are even throwing some arm blances and headstands in...I can't wait to see the finished video.

Food choices have been good, I was actually starving when I got home from Yoga last night, so I made a beef patty with green beans and crumbled bacon on the side. My boss gave me two handfuls of halloween candy yesterday due to the fact that they didn't get many trick or treaters. I took them of course, then brought them home for my very non-primal husband to enjoy I wasn't even tempted to eat one, however, another co-worker also brought in these huge peanut butter M & M and chocolate chip cookies yesterday as well. I was tempted by those, everytime I walked by lol, BUT, my system is really starting to exhibit symptoms when I even eat a little bit of gluten or processed oils so I did NOT eat one and felt all the better for it.

Tonight I am going out to dinner with friends and then to a concert. I haven't been out to eat in a pretty long while. We are going to what I think is a Mexican resteraunt (Esquina, sounds Mexican right?) And I've never been there before so not too sure what my choices will be. I will probably have taco salad or something that I can just eat the meat out of and will probably have some rice. I don't eat rice very often because it causes me to bloat but I don't think it is a bad food to eat every so often. I will also probably have a margarita or perhaps a vodka drink. But I learned from last time, no more than two vodka drinks and a water in between!

Hope everyone has a great weekend
    Peace and love all,
    Kelmar

How was the Mexican place? I love Mexican, but it's hard for me to stay primal when I eat that food!
    Body Fat 27.5

Well, the Mexican place did not happen, lol. When we got there the place was closed, as in closed down, a new resturant was due to open in it's place in a few days. Sooo, we went to a place called the Mad Greek and it was pretty good. I had leg of lamb with green beans and rice. The green beans had little baby potatoes mixed in and some sort of red sauce that was really good, though I have no idea what was in it. The rice was pretty much just plain white rice but it did have some sort of seasonings on it, pretty tasty, and the lamb was good but not my favorite type of meat by any means. They had very delicious looking pita bread and garlic bread but I refrained from both of those. Had a few drinks at the show (which was amazing) and that was that. Overall I had a great time

I've been in computer training all week, but I am finally done! Now I can actually get to work and figure out how all of this new stuff is gonna flow. Really the new system is not that hard, I've pretty much got it figured out, but it is amazing, seeing stuff in real time is pretty handy

I have been neglecting my exercise again. I did do some body resistance stuff this morning but I have really been slacking. I think I just can't get my flow going as the season changes. You know I had this great summer routine going and now I have to adjust and change times and exercises and things like that and it just takes me awhile to adjust. I am so dependent on my routines!! Plus I have a hard time adjusting to fall and winter anyway, I am not a fan of cold and dark!!

I missed Yoga on Monday because I went to a intuative Reiki healing workshop. It was a pretty interesting workshop. I found that I am great at sending my energy out but I have a hard time receiving energy from other people. Which makes a lot of sense to me because I am a giver and I have a hard time receiving anything from anybody (such as compliments ect.)including myself. Something to work on!

The shop that the workshop was held in was really neat. They had jars and jars of loose herbs, everything I've ever heard of and more. Plus they had beautiful hand-made drums and jewerley, great dresses and incense, my kind of store

Guess I've gone on enough for today,
    Peace and love all,
    Kelmar
    Last edited by Kelmar; 11-07-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast