Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Journal of Kelmar page 2

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well another weekend came and went, happy Monday! Food wise I made good choices all weekend, yay me Friday night was taco bowls, which is basically just ground beef (with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic, onion powder) mixed with a little cheddar cheese, sliced grape tomatoes and some spinach all mixed up in a bowl, Saturday night was chicken legs, green beans with bacon and roasted white potatoes (cubed, cover in coconut oil, season with salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and thyme) Sunday night was speghetti squash with meat sauce. I don't really eat breakfast or lunch during the weekends, just kinda graze when I'm hungry, like I'll have a few stalks of celery, then maybe a couple hours later a slice of cheddar cheese, or a few pineapple chunks, or an apple,or a kiwi, stuff like that.

Activity wise, it rained and stormed pretty much all weekend here. We did not get to the pumpkin patch due to weather, so amongst household chores we had a Harry Potter movie marathon. It was nice to cuddle with my kiddos on the couch, they are so big nowadays that it doesnt happen very often.

My moodiness is better today and I actually started my cycle yesterday which is about 10 days early for me, so that may have had something to do with my crap attitude on Friday. But who knows? Sometimes I just feel down and I don't know why, but today I feel pretty good. I park at the very back of a parking lot that is across the street from where I work and as I am walking in the mornings I always make a list of things that I am grateful for, the list was big and flowing easy this morning so I could tell I was going to have a good day. Another thing I do for myself is when I take a break in the afternoon I go an walk the stairs, I always repeat a mantra to myself as I go up: "I am a unique, one-of-a-kind, beautiful golden goddess and I AM ENOUGH." Some people may foo foo off positive self talk and things like that but I can tell you, if you believe that it helps you, then it does.

This weekend coming up is a kid-free weekend and there is a great reggae band coming to town, so more dancing, YAY!! (Can you tell I LOVE to dance )

Peave and love all,
    Kelmar
    Last edited by Kelmar; 10-15-2012 at 11:31 AM.
    I treat my body like a temple.....to nourish the Goddess who lives inside

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Hi!

I sort of do the same thing, while walking- typically very early in the morning (I have a thing for watching the sunrise) I will almost always breathlessly speak/sing some phrase that fits the cadence of my steps. It changes daily, and sometimes is as simple as "way to go, boy" or "go long, go strong."

It helps with the focus. I also use it to regulate my breathing while running (which I'm not really doing a lot of yet since I still have some weight left to lose).

I just started with Harry Potter with my Son. He likes some of it but is scared a bit too (he's just 7).

David
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Hi David,
    Very cool that you do that when you walk, bonus that you get to watch the sun rise

Harry Potter can be a scary, my youngest (my boy who is 9) doesnt like to watch it alone, but when he is cuddled up with old mom on the couch then its a-ok, lol.

Same here with my boy. But he'll only watch about a half hour at any one time. He'd like it way better if it it started and ended with the Quidditch matches.
    Body Fat 27.5

LOL right?! My son always ends up "flying" around the room playing Quidditch before it's over

Yesterday was a really good day, when I got home from work I did hip-opening sequences for Yoga, and since my kids are at their Dad's house this week and I can adjust the evening schedule a bit and it was SUCH a beautiful day outside in my neck of the woods, I put off dinner and went for a walk. It was so very lovely, I have a great place to walk across the street from my house and it was just FULL of birds yesterday, tons of them all talking, and squirrels running around everywhere and all the trees changing colors, it was beautiful and very calming. I walked for about an hour, did some handstand practice in a nice grassy field, did a few hill sprints and played around on some metal hanging rings at the playground. When I got home I had chicken breast and a baked potato and green beans and indulged in a little bit of Coffee Hangendaz (my favorite ice cream ever). This morning was body resistance exercises and it's supposed to be nice here today as well so I think I will squeeze in another walk before the rain comes back tomorrow!

I've got my next two tattoos all planned out. The first is going to be my biggest, it's going to cover most of my back, then I have another planned for one of my shoulders. I keep talking about getting them and just haven't done it, so now I am making them priorities! Winter is the perfect time to get tattoos and I will have them both done by next summer!! I also think I am giong to revisit crochet this winter. I know how to do a basic stitch and can make like a scarf, but I would like to really learn how to make something cool. I really hate cold weather and do NOT spend a lot of time outdoors in the winter, so gotta get my plans laid, lol.

Have a great day everyone
    Peace and Love,
    Kelmar

Hello hello out there, doing pretty good today dispite the fact that it really feels like this should be Thursday and not Wednesday! I really try to live in the present and find the joy in everyday but sometimes when I'm looking forward to the weekend it's hard not to wish for time to speed up, because good grief it goes fast enough already! Last night I did chest -openers and backbends for Yoga had some leftover taco meat in a bowl with cheddar, sliced tomatoes and spinach for dinner. I was feeling a little run down last night (possibly due to my cylce) so I slept in a little this morning and didn't exercise yet at all. I'll do several sets of squats and walk the stair this afternoon though and probably do some Yoga when I get home.

I'm thinking about upping the amount of Vit D3 that I take. Right now I take 2000 iu per day but I get email updates from Mike Geary and it was about D3 today. He provided a link to a good D3 supplement thats in olive oil (the one I take currently is in Safflower oil) and its fairly reasonably priced so I think that I will order that one on Friday. It is 5000 iu though, but considering I am not making any D3 from the sun this time of year I think that's the way I want to go and just see what happens!

I've kinda been debating in my head lately the wiseness of eating grain-fed beef. That is all I have access to at my local grocers, even my local butcher has only grain-fed. There is a whole foods market about 30 miles from me in the next town over but it is so very expensive there plus the gas to drive and get it. However, I'm just really nervous about the safety of eating beef that has been eating GMO corn and geez who knows what other crap. I would so like to purchase a 1/4 or a 1/2 beef sometime but 1) I do not have a big enough freezer right now and 2) that is a lot of money right up front. So gosh quandry for sure, I think (since I want to go shopping in that town anyway) I will try and make it to Lawrence this weekend and check out prices, mayhap it won't be quite as expensive as I am expecting, that's really the only major diet change I have left to make, I stick with free-range natural feed chicken pretty much so if I can get the beef under control I will feel like I'm really doing good.

Anyway just rambling along there. Hope everyone has a great day!
    Peace and Love,
    Kelmar

Yay for Thursdays! I enjoy Thursdays because 1) I get to go to studio Yoga, I love my teacher and her studio, its so very welcoming, and 2) tomorrow is Friday I get paid, I get to go to a great reggae show and dance and hang out with friends and will have a couple drinks.

Last night I did about 30 mins of Yoga when I got home from work, had chicken breast and baked potato for dinner. Had to shower and wash my hair, I only wash my hair about once every 4 days or so, it's getting so long (to my waist right now for sure) and it's a real pain in the ass to wash. I would love to stop using regular shampoo and conditioner but I've not taken the leap yet. I did use some Amla powder on it the other day and it really did make my hair softer and silkier. I'm thinking about coloring it with henna and indigo powder. I have some henna that I bought at my local Indian store but they do not carry Indigo so I will have to order that online. I love my hair, I love to feel it on my bare back and I love to play with it and having people stroke it but geez sometimes it's a real hassel.

Need to try and find halloween costume stuff this weekend. I am planning on going to Lawrence to hit up whole foods so I will have to check and see where the thrift stores are there and see if I can find them, lol. I don't know my way around that town too very well, only downtown where all the hot spots are and how to get to KU, the only thing I worry about driving when I don't really know where I'm going to accidentally turning the wrong way down a one way street or something, I've done it, it sucks, lol.

So I'm guessing I will not eat any dinner tonight, with Yoga from 6 to 745 or so. I know I won't eat before I go and I will probably just have a snack when I get home, probably an apple, or maybe some pineapple and a kiwi.

Guess thats it for today, hope everyone has a good one.
    Peace and love,
    Kelmar

Henna and Indigo? Would you mix them to get a deep brown? I didn't know it worked on hair. Cool.

I've just recently switched to Dr. Bonners soap for my hair because I get squeamish reading the ingredients list on shampoo. But my hair is short so I don't have near the issues you would.

What is your costume going to be? I'm always at a trade show on Halloween, so I miss all of the festivities. :-(
    Body Fat 27.5

Yes, you mix the henna first (cause it has to sit for like 12 hours) then right before you apply it you mix the indigo up and add it in, I think I will try a 1/3 henna to 2/3 indigo mix and hopefully that will turn out dark brown, and since both are natural plants it is supposed to be very good for ones hair.

The ingredients of regular shampoo make me nervous too, I'm thinking about trying Burts Bees shampoo, but its like $10 a bottle, would be ok for the shampoo as I use very little of that, but I use quite a bit of conditioner and that would get to be very expensive! I'll have to figure something out though, I'm working on making everything I put in or use on my body natural.

I am going to be Mother Earth (or Mother Nature) for halloween this year. I love halloween, I'll try to get some pictures and put them up just for fun

It works the same way with oil paints (a hobby) mixing red-brown with indigo will make a deep blue or brown (depending on the proportions) and equal amounts will be nearly black.

Please do post pictures! A friend of mine suggested I put on a baseball cap, with a short length of string hanging off of the bill to which a leaf is attached, which would sway as I exhale... So I would be a 'leaf blower'... Lol!
    Body Fat 27.5

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast