Thread: Hello from pennsylvania page

a-carnal-existence is offline Junior Member

Hello from pennsylvania

Hi, my name is Joseph. I came across the primal blueprint a long while back, tried it out, figured id start by kicking grains and cutting carbs. Few days in and i snapped, went back to eating like i always had. I just recently decided to give it another shot.

I have to admit, even though i started getting light headed and having headaches frequently by day 4, i felt happy, my mood was elevated, and i had more energy than i normally do. That said, I am an addict when it comes to grains. No joking, I have a brother who is a recovering addict from heroine and crack, and I feel like i know how he feels now as im trying to get off the grains. I find there are times they are all I think about, and I literally struggle with myself for a while deciding whether i should or shouldnt indulge.

This weekend I screwed up and ate a bagel, and decided ah well, im gonna enjoy this weekend. I had my whiskey, frozen burritos, cheeseburger, fritos, soda, oreos, and a bunch of other horrible things i shouldnt have eaten. I finished the weekend off with this mornings breakfast from mcdonalds, which I'm already regretting. Now its back to the diet, nothing but good real food. See how long i last this time before giving in, but even if/when i do, im going to keep at it until im rid of the stuff for good.

Also, I mentioned the headaches and lightheaded with no grains, had hard time focusing, but in general i felt alot better than i normally do, well, just from those 2 days eating the junk again and i already noticed the difference.

Thats all for now, wish me luck

-Joseph

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey,

congratulations on the restart! I've got to say as a fellow sugar addict that going cold turkey has never worked for me just because of the symptoms you describe. How about dialing down gradually? Cut the processed food for a couple days but go ahead and eat off a loaf of good quality bread and real potatoes and high quality sweets (like fancy gelato or bon bons). Then cut the sweets out, then cut the bread out, and finally dial down the potatoes.

Slow and steady is the only way I can stand to cut the sugars. There's no need to torture yourself if your body reacts violently to going cold turkey!