Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not sure what to do... page

Westly is offline Senior Member

Not sure what to do...

Shop Now
    Hey there everyone!

How have you been?

Things have not been well in the land of the werewolf. ;_;

I was swimming along just dandily, and then...Life totally got in the way. I was 95% primal, doing all kinds of (Beginner level) Convict conditioning... I was down over 35lbs!

And then...well, my girlfriend moved in.

My girlfriend doesn't like to cook. She doesn't like fish. She doesn't like seafood. She doesn't know how to grill, and refuses to learn (If she refuses to learn, she never has to do it!) She doesn't know how to broil, she insists there needs to be bread and potatoes in everything...

Cue depression.

I quit eating primal, I gave in to her demands for fast food, ice cream...and indulged myself.

Now I'm back to where I was before, and...I don't want to be here!!

So, I'm going to try to get back. Some words of encouragement are totally needed, everyone! My life has not been good for some time, and I could totally use some gentle get back on the horse. (Is the horse delicious? Can I eat it?)

I hope you all remember me! I'm gonna try to become an active member again!

I've got the PB on my Kindle, and I'm reading the Omnivore's Dilema. Good to see you all again!
    Down from 275 to 250!
    Werewolf Primal Living Blog - http://lycanthropology.com
    Some fact, a lot of fiction! Keep track of my progress there!

chrisay59 is offline Member
    I know what I would do, but then I'm me.....ditch the GF and find a new one!
    “But a smell shivered him awake.It was a scent as old as the world. It was a hundred aromas of a thousand places. It was the tang of pine needles. It was the musk of sex. It was the muscular rot of mushrooms. It was the spice of oak. Meaty and redolent of soil and bark and herb. It was bats and husks and burrows and moss. It was solid and alive - so alive! And it was close"

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    Most of the time my boyfriend and i eat separate meals. Sounds like hard work but actually it's easier and means I don't need to compromise what I want to eat. So let her get her take away and have her bread, just don't join in! Sounds hard at first but you get used to it. Some meals you can share eg do a roast and she can have roasties with hers and you just have the meat n veg Or you have steak n veg, she can have chips with hers and so on. I find it less stressful this way. Good luck

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, eat separately and try explaining to her what your health means to you. If she ridicules you, time to move on. Maybe she's sabotaging you, but I don't want to presume too much here...
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Rusty is offline Senior Member
    Will she read PB too? If she won't take the time to research your style of living and meet you half way, you do have a choice to make.
    Cook for the house, and bring her over to the "dark side", or just like others suggested, eat separately.

Are you sure this is a person you want to spend time with in a long term?

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    You are the most important person here. Focus on eating right and getting healthy.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I totally get it. You've finally got the girl thing going on in your life and would do almost anything to keep that. But the next question becomes do you want to needlessly give your life for her. If you keep on this way, you will die fat and unhappy and she may decide to walk in after you've managed to gain another 20-50lbs and are really depressed. I would state the facts about what you've learned to her while letting her know what she means to you. Then draw a line in the sand and say no more. If she wants fast food, do not go along "to be nice" or indulge in any way. Same with ice cream. Suggest a nice walk or fun activity that she may like. If she choses ice cream any way, you know that the food is more important than time with you and you may never change that. Some people's habits are like that. You go out and do something you like to do or cook for yourself at home while she gets her treat. This is a big obstacle to manuver in your relationship. If it does not go well, then get back to basics and find you again. She was drawn to the person you were 35lbs ago. I bet she really likes who you were becoming.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Here's a thought.... YOU COOK.

Cook and shop for your own ass. My husband eats ice cream and bread. I don't. If I can ignore him, you can ignore her.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post

Cook and shop for your own ass. My husband eats ice cream and bread. I don't. If I can ignore him, you can ignore her.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post

That's what worked for me! I started cooking my own food. It's been working for us for over a year now. I cook and eat what I want, and she usually eats it too, but sometimes if she wants something different, she cooks it. When we eat out, I've learned to navigate any menu, it just takes a little practice.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast