Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raw Milk Co-Op Farmer Acquitted Through Jury Nullification page

Grok is offline Senior Member

Raw Milk Co-Op Farmer Acquitted Through Jury Nullification

Shop Now
    For those who don't know, jury nullification is when the jury acquits someone because the law used to arrest him is just plain stupid and dumb. The jury basically nullifies the law and says the defendant is innocent.

Last week a Minnesota man charged with violating the state's restrictions on raw milk sales was acquitted in what he and his supporters called a victory for consumer freedom.
    Raw Milk Co-Op Farmer Acquitted Through Jury Nullification by JG Vibes

doublehelix is offline Member
    Wow, that is interesting. Glad they let him go.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Yay for jury nullification! Pass it on!

My husband looks forward to jury duty in the hopes he can implement it, lol.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i like jury nullification, that was a new one to me
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Bron is offline Senior Member
    that is awesome!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Heck yeah!

I'm glad my state has a "loophole".
    As in all raw milk must be sold as "for pet or farm use only"... what the buyer does with it once the seller hands it over is our own business of course, and the seller cannot get into trouble with the state/feds over it.

Also... I was just looking through the "new items" available on my local fresh organic farm list...
    Umm... "Raw Fresh Camel Milk"
    It's expensive... I think I'll skip it. LOL

But they do have Duck hearts and livers right now!
    I think I need a whole duck too. Duck and duck fat is delicious.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

DavidBrennan is offline Banned
    Excellent.

I don't know what to feel better about: the increased availability of natural milk or the fact that these good Americans told the government to go f--- itself.

(Tragically, you can bet that the victim of all this (the defendant) has been suffering under months or years of financial and emotional distress in defending himself. When the U.S. government goes after you, even when you "win"....you still lose.)

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    While the raw milk thing is encouraging, from a justice point of view, the fact that these jurors were told about the option to nullify is a way bigger deal. This is an amazing step for an American justice system. Mentioning nullification will usually get you excused from jury duty.

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Meanwhile, New Hampshire recently passed a law requiring courts to allow the defense to argue for jury nullification. Although it doesn't take effect until January, courts now have discretion to allow it, and a guy was acquitted a couple of weeks ago on charges of growing 15 marijuana plants. The full article: New Hampshire Jury Acquits Pot-Growing Rastafarian - Hit & Run : Reason.com
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    That's really good! It's not even civil disobedience even, just taking advantage of the law to win one for common sense. Good for that jury.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast