Thread: Primal drink alternatives to soda/cordial etc

Primal drink alternatives to soda/cordial etc

Shop Now
    Hi, I'm only a few weeks into this lifestyle, but the one thing I'm really missing is being able to have a drink other than water or the occasional full cream milk. I used to drink a lot of either soda or cordial. I don't drink tea or coffee as I don't like either. Don't like iced tea. Fruit juices are too high in fructose, so what do primal people drink when they're not having water?

Thanks

Sorry forgot to mention I also don't drink alcohol due to the medications I'm on, so no red wine suggestions :-)

you could always experiment with carbonated waters and fruit essences as well as kombucha. While kombucha is a tea, its not your average tea since its fermented. What about making your own yogurt and yogurt based drinks? Ginger tea (also not a tea) but could be made into a ginger beer type beverage. Most folks are just happy with water. I personally love all teas (herbal and regular) as well as coffees.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Kombucha is my soda substitute. I drink GT's Raw Organic, but you can make your own, too. It's delicious.

Alternatively, get over your cravings and juice a couple pounds of fresh fruit and vegetables and down that.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

our cordial substitute - we use dextrose (not much, mainly for the kids) and citric acid. it doens't thicken like sugar syrup but still works

Kombucha is great. If I drink alcohol I do vodka and club soda.

Ifyou like soda. you will probably like kombucha.

non-sweetened flavored mineral water (like la croix) is a good soda sub, since it's got that 'bite' to it. I found that my local grocery store brand tasted even better. I once tried this la croix coconut flavor.. yuck! But it was great mixed half-and-half with some kind of dairy (thank you dr. bork bork for showing us that a while back).

there must be some kind of tea you would like! maybe a fruity one? mint? chocolate chai (omg...) ?

I just boiled some broccoli and am drinking the leftover water with some salt, pepper, garlic and a dash of olive oil, and it's great.

Shop Now
    how about making your own V8!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.