Thread: Primal drink alternatives to soda/cordial etc page

Caz1969 is offline Member

Primal drink alternatives to soda/cordial etc

Shop Now
    Hi, I'm only a few weeks into this lifestyle, but the one thing I'm really missing is being able to have a drink other than water or the occasional full cream milk. I used to drink a lot of either soda or cordial. I don't drink tea or coffee as I don't like either. Don't like iced tea. Fruit juices are too high in fructose, so what do primal people drink when they're not having water?

Thanks

Caz1969 is offline Member
    Sorry forgot to mention I also don't drink alcohol due to the medications I'm on, so no red wine suggestions :-)

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    you could always experiment with carbonated waters and fruit essences as well as kombucha. While kombucha is a tea, its not your average tea since its fermented. What about making your own yogurt and yogurt based drinks? Ginger tea (also not a tea) but could be made into a ginger beer type beverage. Most folks are just happy with water. I personally love all teas (herbal and regular) as well as coffees.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Kombucha is my soda substitute. I drink GT's Raw Organic, but you can make your own, too. It's delicious.

Alternatively, get over your cravings and juice a couple pounds of fresh fruit and vegetables and down that.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Bron is offline Senior Member
    our cordial substitute - we use dextrose (not much, mainly for the kids) and citric acid. it doens't thicken like sugar syrup but still works

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Kombucha is great. If I drink alcohol I do vodka and club soda.

Ifyou like soda. you will probably like kombucha.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    non-sweetened flavored mineral water (like la croix) is a good soda sub, since it's got that 'bite' to it. I found that my local grocery store brand tasted even better. I once tried this la croix coconut flavor.. yuck! But it was great mixed half-and-half with some kind of dairy (thank you dr. bork bork for showing us that a while back).

there must be some kind of tea you would like! maybe a fruity one? mint? chocolate chai (omg...) ?

I just boiled some broccoli and am drinking the leftover water with some salt, pepper, garlic and a dash of olive oil, and it's great.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    how about making your own V8!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.