Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you cook with fresh tomatoes? page 2

Antiochia is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wow! What great ideas! Thanks so much! I was away from my computer yesterday and couldn't get around to this thread until today. Okay! I'll be using fresh tomatoes whenever possible! The freezer trick sounds wonderful. I'm definitely going to try the tomato mush recipe too! The Tomato a la Provencale recipe sounds great too! Thanks again to everyone!
    Ruth

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    ~Bill Cosby

See my journal, The Balancing Act: Integrating Primal into My Life, for menu plans, musings, and more.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the freezer tip ~ will be using it from now on! I love fresh tomatoes added to stews/soups and we're just getting into the season!

PrimalPumpkin is offline Senior Member
    Like most of the others I just chop and add in the same amount as canned. I also freeze tomatoes to use for later. If they are starting to be a little less than desirable for raw eating I cut them up (or leave them whole if they are cherry tomatoes or I am lazy) and put them in a bag. I just weigh out how much I need frozen and toss them in that way.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I like roasting my tomatoes before using them in dishes, if they are store bought. It brings out the sweetness more. Plus the skin peels.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I like roasting my tomatoes before using them in dishes, if they are store bought. It brings out the sweetness more. Plus the skin peels.
    Instructions please!

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    I don't really use fresh Aries in my cooking personally. At least, not in the sense you're probably referring to.

I have a vendor at my local farmer's market that makes fresh, homemade salsa from all locally-grown produce. I am fond of buying her habanero salsa and putting that stuff on almost ANYTHING. That crap is AMAZING. Honestly, that's how I get the majority of the tomatoes in my diet. And I suppose they're not really cooked.

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    I love this baked pasta sauce recipe from Alton Brown:
    Tomato Sauce Recipe : Alton Brown : Recipes : Food Network
    When it's all ready I'll actually just dump them into a food processor, skin and all
    -Chuck

Antiochia is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by impala454 View Post
    I love this baked pasta sauce recipe from Alton Brown:
    Tomato Sauce Recipe : Alton Brown : Recipes : Food Network
    When it's all ready I'll actually just dump them into a food processor, skin and all
    Thanks for the link! That looks like a wonderful recipe.
    Ruth

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    ~Bill Cosby

See my journal, The Balancing Act: Integrating Primal into My Life, for menu plans, musings, and more.

sammiedomenic is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Try this fresh tomato pasta recipe while tomatoes and basil are plentiful in the garden and farmer's markets. It is a very simple recipe, going over the basics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12