Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ah, watching my roommate kill himself with diet... page

Drumroll is offline Senior Member

Ah, watching my roommate kill himself with diet...

Shop Now
    He made it back just in time to watch the latest episode of Family Guy (God forbid he MISS it), with his "dinner" of Velveta shells and "cheese", a bowl of popcorn (with 99% fat-free butter topping!), and bowl of ice cream.

Jena is offline Senior Member
    What the hell is fat free butter topping made of? Ask him if you can take a picture of the label and post it on here so I can make fun of him in a more specific and constructive manner, lol. Just kidding... I wouldn't want him to beast on you... he must be ripped.
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    That dinner choice sounds horrid. Not even in my worst SAD days when hot pockets and hot dogs were regular staples i would have had that.
    ETA. Sorry for the little digression, but what got me to quit eating the hot pockets was their hew label. " now made with real cheese". As opposed to what? The fake crap you fed us for ages?
    Last edited by Graycat; 09-30-2012 at 06:44 PM.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    my brother's father in law regularly has a pint of cheap ice cream as "dinner" - because it's one of the cheapest things you can eat. Though I'm not sure if that tops your roomie.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Standard SAD diet. 90% of the US probably eats like that. Who cares.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Anna Katherine is offline Senior Member
    I used to eat like that. Stouffers has the best mac and cheese and I would eat slices of bread with it. I would love to have a bowl. But I know how sick I would be now.
    "Though she be but little, she is fierce!" - William Shakespeare

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post964333 (My journal)

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    My BF will often have corn chips for dinner. He thinks steak is bad for your heart. He's got a cardiologist and I don't.

I wouldn't worry too much about your roommate. I know you fixate on him because you've posted about him a number of times. Be grateful for him. He is serving as an example of what your life could be like if you decide to quit the Primal Blueprint.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    I can speak with experience and authority on this subject: the more you bother them, the more they'll ignore you. I tried explaining myself over and over again and the more I did that, the more people turned off. Eventually I said, "Screw it" and stopped talking about it. Then, I underwent my own physical transformation and people started taking notice. They'd ask me what I was doing. Now that THEY came to ME, they listened with open minds and open ears.

You're going to have to lead by example here, not by force, and you're going to have to hope they come to you asking for advice. They have to notice your knowledge and accept you as an authority on their own. The more you pester, the more they will run away. And in the end, you have to accept that you can't save most people. Most people are fat and unhealthy because most people just don't care, and all the knowledge and exemplary action in the world won't have them coming to you for any advice.

And most importantly: it's none of your business what others eat. Most people in this community get a superiority complex for their supreme knowledge of dieting. None of us are any better than a SAD eater, except if you THINK you're better than them. Then, you're decidedly worse.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 10-01-2012 at 09:31 AM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    And most importantly: it's none of your business what others eat. Most people in this community get a superiority complex for their supreme knowledge of dieting. None of us are any better than a SAD eater, except if you THINK you're better than them. Then, you're decidedly worse.
    Yeah, because you know what, probably 98% of us have eaten the following:
    Mac and Cheese for dinner
    Pizza, for dinner, then breakfast and lunch, washed down with a coke
    Fast food
    Microwave popcorn as a meal
    Doughnuts as a meal
    A plate of spaghetti and garlic bread

We probably enjoyed it, tremendously, and when we tried to eat healthy (either for real, or CW), we probably wished we had Kraft Mac & Cheese. Or a pizza. Probably the first few weeks of primal, we wanted a damn pizza. A year ago, I thought a cupcake was a great snack because "it's portion control". I was also super proud of my lunch- a 200 calorie Trader Joes pizza and a big bowl of broccoli.

I go back and forth on inattention to health as a factor of moral worth. I am glad I am healthier now. But I don't think it makes me a better person- more self centered, less time to help others, but balanced with less likely to be a medical burden on society, but then I might live longer.

Loukia Maria is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I really liked this quote! Such an open-minded....
    The truly creative mind in any field is no more than this: A human creature born abnormally, inhumanely sensitive. To them…a touch is a blow, a sound is a noise, a misfortune is a tragedy, a joy is an ecstasy, a friend is a lover, a lover is a god, and failure is death.” Pearl Buck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast