Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ah, watching my roommate kill himself with diet... page 3

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The only logical answer here is to kill him.

PaleoPanda is offline Member
    It doesn't really bug me if people eat standard diet around me. My BF likes a bit of junk food, and he still eats a sandwich most days for lunch, but he is not obese, he is physically active, he has no health problems or allergies apart from his broken ankle which he did on the soccer pitch, and he feels he does not need to cut out any foods or modify his diet.

I guess if he did have health problems which impacted me in some way, and I felt that he could do something to help himself which he was not doing, then it would bug me a bit. So I guess if your housemate is not paying his rent because of high health costs, I can see why you feel a bit frustrated.

I have a friend who has ulcerative colitis and he has gone on a low carb low fibre diet as recommended by his GI. However, he insists he needs "cheat days" and he has a bunch of pizza, beer, and crap for one day a week, and he wonders why his symptoms flare up for 24-48h after. I keep telling him the diet won't work as long as you are doing that, but he insists that the "cheat days" are more healthy because he would be unhappy if he couldn't have some of the foods he likes. And I kinda think, what's more important, a brief spell of being happy because you ate a pizza, or your long term health? And I can't fathom it.

But people will only change when they are ready within themselves I guess, no matter how hard people around them work to promote positive choices.

Milliarde is offline Junior Member
    Although my roommate isn't like the OP's, mine doesn't eat any vegetables at all, due to "taste" I guess. Every time I mention cooking some veggies or suggesting going to a place like Boston Market (it's been a while, honestly, and I'm not sure how healthy they are) I get that look like "remember I don't eat veggies?"

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milliarde View Post
    Although my roommate isn't like the OP's, mine doesn't eat any vegetables at all, due to "taste" I guess. Every time I mention cooking some veggies or suggesting going to a place like Boston Market (it's been a while, honestly, and I'm not sure how healthy they are) I get that look like "remember I don't eat veggies?"
    Boston Market is NOT healthy. And he/she won't eat there because of the fact that they serve, bland, overcooked, doused in industrial oils, "veggies?"

Thanks for the laugh.

Moll is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    The only logical answer here is to kill him.
    I wish there was a better laughing face because I'm cracking up over here hahahahahaha!

Milliarde is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Boston Market is NOT healthy. And he/she won't eat there because of the fact that they serve, bland, overcooked, doused in industrial oils, "veggies?"

Thanks for the laugh.
    Haha I'm glad I provided a laugh. I meant to say that my roommate doesn't eat veggies whatsoever, not Boston Market in particular. I guess my parents treating Boston Market as some sort of healthy alternative to fast food (like they would do with Luby's) left that impression since, after all, it's just chicken and veggies on the surface. I'm going to take a closer look at Boston Market now since I never really thought about it too much. Maybe I didn't want to ruin the image of them in my head =/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123