Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So my libido is pretty pathetic page 3

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Who are YOU? Who do you think YOU are?? The Gestapo of the message board? This is a public message board and I will post messages freely.

Grizz
    Hmm, did I try to forcibly kick you out of anything? Nope. I explained to you that you are obnoxious and expressed my wish that you would GTFO. In other words, I freely expressed myself publicly, on this free public forum, just exactly as you are doing.

Freedom of expression does not include freedom from criticism, including the nasty personal kind that you have called down on yourself by being stupendously, unself-consciously and ignorantly bug-fuck-nuts.

I understand that you will believe that I and others are unjustly persecuting you by calling out your stupid bullshit, and that you will continue to do what you want no matter what anyone says, but it just feels good to yell at you sometimes. Plus I'm not a big fan of letting what I see as terribly narrow-minded advice get passed around to people who aren't familiar with your MO without some fair warning.

Cheers.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    A couple of Brazil nuts a day will get your selenium taken care of, how about some oysters once every week or two for a good hit of zinc?
    Plenty of iodine too can be gotten from whole foods such as kelp if you don't use iodized salt...
    And Vitamin D... sunshine, raw organic grass-fed milk if you drink any, or good D-3 drops if find you are really lacking via test.
    You are not likely to be deficient in either selenium or zinc if you eat a healthy diet with lots of meat. I hit, and even surpass my daily allowance of zinc and selenium pretty much DAILY without eating brazil nuts and oysters (except occasionally).

Just get some good quality, beef and pork (not sure how chicken and fish stacks up for these minerals) in you and you'll do fine.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    You are not likely to be deficient in either selenium or zinc if you eat a healthy diet with lots of meat. I hit, and even surpass my daily allowance of zinc and selenium pretty much DAILY without eating brazil nuts and oysters (except occasionally).

Just get some good quality, beef and pork (not sure how chicken and fish stacks up for these minerals) in you and you'll do fine.
    Sorry about that... I find that I tend to be low... but I really tend to eat less meat than most of the guys do here.
    Probably a LOT less than some...
    I eat a zinc rich food like oysters once every week or two, and 2-3 brazil nuts (that are stashed in the freezer) every 2-3 days... just to make sure I'm topped up. No harm.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Sorry about that... I find that I tend to be low... but I really tend to eat less meat than most of the guys do here.
    Probably a LOT less than some...
    I eat a zinc rich food like oysters once every week or two, and 2-3 brazil nuts (that are stashed in the freezer) every 2-3 days... just to make sure I'm topped up. No harm.
    If your levels of those minerals are low, then no, no harm done. However, if your dietary levels are normal, no need to supplement.

Remember, you can actually quite easily receive acute selenium toxicity from too much of it!

See:

Chicago Tribune
    http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?d...tname=nutrient
    http://hightechsurvivor.blogspot.com...-overdose.html
    Last edited by Drumroll; 10-01-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Well grizz, successful troll was successful
    Billie trips balls

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NowhereMan View Post
    Title says it all... I'm a 20 year old guy and I should be too horny to function. It's not that I'm not interested in ladies, but I am certainly less motivated to chase after them than most of my friends. Even when I do end up spending quality time with a girl, I tend to be less interested than I'd expect when we're actually getting down to business.

I know libido is pretty much all hormones and that my anxiety and depression are probably throwing mine for a loop. I'm in therapy for those and making steady improvement. Still, this is an issue I'd like to address directly and promptly. Any ideas for what else could be happening here or what else I can do? Any suggested reading? Any personal experience?
    Personal experience: I knew I was depressed when I stopped getting morning wood and my libido went almost completely down. I was 22, lean and in shape, and I ate very well. And my girlfriend was super hot and wanted to do things in bed that are illegal in a few countries. It was 100% mental. The moment I started to reconnect with my emotions it all came back with a vengeance. I would suggest you go see a shrink and see what comes out of it.

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Ugh. I feel for you. I'm a woman (which brings a whole other set of hormonal issues) but the low libido effects relationships nonetheless. I wish I had an answer for you. Antidepressants did nothing either way (going on didn't help and going off didn't help). Exercise does to an extent.

Have you ever had a strong sex drive? Does everything 'work'? It isn't just all hormones.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123