Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can a 47 yr old really be transformed? page

JKC1 is offline Junior Member

Can a 47 yr old really be transformed?

Primal Fuel
    Hello,
    I just read the Primal Blueprint 21 Total Body Transformation, along with Mark's book and cookbook. I have been eating very organically and buying my protein from a local Co-op so the foods I consume are free from chemicals, they're not processed. I do have a question though....

Does this really work? I'm 47 years old, weighing 155 lbs. I haven't been active except for the occasional walk with my dog for about three years. I'm approximately 30 lbs overweight and really think it may be too late to lose weight and look fit at my age. Are there any people out there that are around my age that this lifestyle worked for? My metabolism has definitely slowed down and due to that and my age I'm questioning if this works.

Just some background....I have always been fit, weighing 125 lbs on a 5'7" frame. Over the past ten years though food/drink is "sticking to me." I really want to make this transition in my life but feel that it won't work for someone like me that is pre-menapausal and who hasn't really kept up with an exercise routine.

I really want to hear from those around my age and older.....please give me your thoughts and experiences with Primal Blueprint.

Thank you for reading!
    JKC1

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    read the success stories. plenty of people just like you.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    My mom is primal without knowing it (because I cook her breakfast and dinner and she doesn't eat lumch anymore because she loves my dinner so much that she wants to be hungry for it) and her health has improved. She's 53
    Billie trips balls

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    I'm approximately 30 lbs overweight and really think it may be too late to lose weight and look fit at my age
    i am the same age as you. i never was 30lbs overweight, prob more like 10 when i was in my late 30s and i had small children so couldnt get out and exercise on my own. i would absolutely say this is possible. it is also a lifestyle about health and with that comes ageing well so there is so much more to it than just having pants that fit.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Yes, absolutely. There are women older than you who are finding success, so why not you?

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    I turned 40 this summer. I started this seriously in April, I am down 9 lbs with 6-10 left to go. I a small group exercise 6 days a week, ot definetly helps. We do Kettlebells, bands, body weight exercises. I know exercise only a part, but I feel it helps keep thngs moving to where I want them to.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    I am around your age, sitting at 184lbs and about 13% BF and have strength to spare - so yea it works.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    See my avatar. I am the same age, started a little heavier, am a bit shorter. Exercise stopped working for me. I am hoping for a new update to my avatar once you can see a difference. I am on the verge of breaking the 130lb barrier.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    PS I should add that exercise does work for me now but I lost the majority of the weight you see with minimal daily walking. I do more now because I really have a lot of energy and vitality now.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    JKC1, I have tried every diet known to man, some worked for a short time, but they weren't sustainable, so I would go back to eating shit. I am about to turn 49, was 27kg over weight, thats about 60lbs, and am now down 8kg. I have been primal for 6 months. Not a huge weight loss, but I am now well after 3 years of bad health, I am able to sustain this lifestyle, and I feel great.
    I am upping the exersize as we speak, and cannot believe how well I look and feel. I still have a ways to go, but hey it will happen.
    Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast