Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Conflicting perspectives on the Paleo Era diet page 4

Monolithic is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Don't primally feed the troll...

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    You're not old!!! Quit saying that!
    I'm old enough to be on the lookout for menopause and also old enough to know that the paleo diet isn't chicken, broccoli and greek yogurt smoothies.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    ^^ and probably old enough to know to keep moving and to keep on enjoying life.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    There is no one ancestral diet. People who lived near the sea would have eaten lots of fish. Some cultures would have eaten a load of carbs, others would eat lots of wild game. Eat your animal products, eat your plants, let other people worry about macros.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    People ate what they could! It would have varied season to season, year to year, and of course, location to location. What we know is that they DID NOT EVER eat processed rubbish. They may have eaten some grains, but I'm pretty sure grains didn't make up the majority of their diets!

I don't think there's any need to fuss over minutia... it's more important to focus on eating real, whole food. You'll need to experiment on yourself to find out what foods you do best with though.

I'm assuming the vast majority of my ancestors came from cold parts of Europe (although there may have been some from somewhat warmer climes... it just doesn't show in my pale, freckled complexion). That being said, I'm hardly going to fuss over it, as I really have no idea (they may have lived inland, or on the coast, I dunno... that would have had a big impact on what they ate).

So yeah, I just concentrate on eating food not synthetic stuff that tries to pass itself off as food.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    If you had read the whole thread you would have seen that I never trolled YOU but you trolled me instead .
    lmao. i know you are, but what am i? how old are you? like 5?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Don't let perfection get in the way of pretty damn good.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234