Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conflicting perspectives on the Paleo Era diet page 3

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    So you say. It's just your assumption.
    I am curious what seasons you are talking about. Are you referring to the temperate climate or tropics?
    Yup it is an assumption based on logic and common sense. There was no mass agriculture so if you have no ready supply of food you will eat anything you find - you would be daft not to.

Funny you keep having this laughable attempts to poo-poo primal/paleo what is your theory then?

Was there some grain co-op in the jungle? Trained monkeys driving combine harvesters in the African plains? Elephants tilling the soil with their tusks? Would love to hear how you think man ate.

I am not talking about lines of latitude but seasons. Whether it is summer, winter, spring, autumn OR wet and dry I am talking about changes in climate that affect growing paterns.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

KathyH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Yup it is an assumption based on logic and common sense. There was no mass agriculture so if you have no ready supply of food you will eat anything you find - you would be daft not to.

Funny you keep having this laughable attempts to poo-poo primal/paleo what is your theory then?

Was there some grain co-op in the jungle? Trained monkeys driving combine harvesters in the African plains? Elephants tilling the soil with their tusks? Would love to hear how you think man ate.

I am not talking about lines of latitude but seasons. Whether it is summer, winter, spring, autumn OR wet and dry I am talking about changes in climate that affect growing paterns.
    You clearly don't understand seasonalities in different climatic zones. You are formulating your assumptions on temperate climate which proves that you have no idea what you are talking about. Can you tell me in which season berries grow in Equatorial Guinea?
    How man ate, I have no idea, I wasn't there 10,000 years ago.
    Last edited by KathyH; 09-30-2012 at 03:42 PM.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    You clearly don't understand seasonalities in different climatic zones. You are formulating your assumptions on temperate climate which proves that you have no idea what you are talking about. Can you tell me in which season berries grow in Equatorial Guinea?
    Stop being a troll.

Do you have anything relevant to contribute?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Stop being a troll.

Do you have anything relevant to contribute?
    Stop calling people trolls when you have nothing to contribute.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    IMO (so don't ask for any links) Humans are opportunistic omnivores . If you can catch it and it's edible, in the pie hole it goes. I think clans that hung in certain areas/climates developed food preferences/tolerances. For example, my European ancestors were landlubbers~ I do better with lake fish than ocean fish. Wouldn't think it matters, but my joints ache if I eat too much salmon.

Foods aren't seasonal anymore. I think that also makes a difference~ My paleo ancestors didn't have strawberries in February or citrus ever. I can eat strawberries for a few weeks, then I start getting hives~ Hmmm, think there's a connection?

Maybe paleo/primal is not so rigid after all? Except for processed food, of course~

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Stop calling people trolls when you have nothing to contribute.
    If you had read the whole thread you would have seen that my very first post was an attempt at responding to the OP (rather than be trolled by you).

Anyway. Enough silliness. The Ignore list feature is there for a reason. User added.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Carefully weigh three equal portions of African Savanah, Seaside Foraging & and mixed contemporary Hunter Gatherer season lightly with the Neolithic if it suits your palate then stir it up and feast.
    Avoid temptation of post industrial foods as they have not killed enough people yet to be an evolutionary player in the Human Genome.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I no longer worry about the studies so much. My own staggeringly good health lets me know I'm doing the right thing. I take into account that I am carbohydrate intolerant and impaired, that I'm female and old, and that I like endurance exercise more than grunting under barbells in the gym.
    You're not old!!! Quit saying that!
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    If you had read the whole thread you would have seen that my very first post was an attempt at responding to the OP (rather than be trolled by you).

Anyway. Enough silliness. The Ignore list feature is there for a reason. User added.
    If you had read the whole thread you would have seen that I never trolled YOU but you trolled me instead and now you are in tears. Great idea about the ignore button. No one ever asked you to reply to my posts but you just couldn't resist calling someone a troll just because you disagree.
    Last edited by KathyH; 09-30-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OMG do you even read, what you write? A season is a season no matter if it is in a temperate or tropical zone - the meaning of season is very clear!?!

As to when berries grow in Equatorial Guinea I have no idea but I can tell you any hunter/gatherer would know - which is exactly the point I am making which is a hunter/gatherer would know his/her surroundings and would know how to live off the land to assume otherwise is absurd.

Actually 10,000 years is pretty easy as that was basically the start of agriculture and we have some pretty good records about that.

If you are as clueless as you say you are on how man ate before 10,000 lets make it simple for you, lets drop you an area of your choice fend for yourself, what are you going to eat?

PS are you going to contribute to this (and other) threads at all?
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast