Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ronald Krauss on Red Meat & Dairy Sat'd Fat page

Artbuc is offline Senior Member

Ronald Krauss on Red Meat & Dairy Sat'd Fat

Primal Fuel
    Just came across this over on meandmydiabetes.com

Search Results Ronald krauss | Me and My Diabetes

Nothing proved, of course, but potential interesting link between red meat, dairy saturated fat and CVD.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    I'd like to see if actual fatty beef as opposed to beef and cheese would have the same effect. Also, if dairy + meat = bad then the jews actually got their diet right.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Oh and this could also be the quality of the diet playing a hand as well. There's a huge difference between Balderson's 5 year old cheddar and the grocery store stuff.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

doublehelix is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Oh and this could also be the quality of the diet playing a hand as well. There's a huge difference between Balderson's 5 year old cheddar and the grocery store stuff.
    Interesting point. I was buying the Tillamook cheese, no BGH in it...I avoid anything Kraft or processed.

I haven't found much free-range or hormone-free red meat. I have something against eating a pig that was confined its whole life in a stall. I have found hormone-free ground beef, but I am not a big fan of "ground" anything. Free-range, organic chicken is easier to find. I have found Bison too, but only "ground".

I only buy cage-free, no hormone eggs. Eggs are a great source of protein. A lot of "nutrition experts" shudder at eggs and push toast or refined box cereals like Special K!!

I think meat is good for us, but I think unless one buys range or growth hormone free meat and dairy, one is getting a lot of chemicals and additives that are horrid.

peril is offline Senior Member
    The takeaway may simply be to not eat beef three meals a day
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Thanks, interesting. I'm starting to believe every nutrition question in regards to illness and health can be answered with an "it depends".

Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Yeah, just IF it and eat a whole roast.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    I'd say that's a sensible response.

Gregory: "Is there any other point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
    Holmes: "To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
    Gregory: "The dog did nothing in the night-time."
    Holmes: "That was the curious incident."
    The interesting question might be what is likely not to be in that diet -- or not present at a high enough level?

AlanC is offline Senior Member
    In the interview they talk about studies and such but I have to wonder, with all the money thrown at such things, why is there not a much larger set of studies?

Why is it, even today after all the previous studies and "We can't be sure, more research is needed" results, that we don't just have a massive program of such studies to define the answer one way or another?

Right now it's just a hodge-podge of industry-funded research with more holes than a fishing net, research that raises more questions than it answers.

I'm sick of hearing how eggs will kill ya dead, then they're healthy, then they're only healthy if they're free-range, then it doesn't matter as long as they have extra omega 3, then how the O3 from such eggs can't be used, then a study saying it can, then another study saying it can't, then a study saying it can but only if free-range, then a study saying extra O3 doesn't work with free-range but does work with factory chickens, then another study saying eggs will kill ya dead anyway, then a study saying eggs are THE secret to a long life and sex into your 90's - but only organic ones with added sea algae from a little island off the coast of Italy, and only if you leave them under your sink next to a wet flannel for 2 weeks (you have to add some apple cider vinegar to the flannel or it could kill ya dead!) etc etc etc.

Just sick of it all.

So what do I do? I come to a site that says 'Just eat meat and veggies, some fruits, nuts, berries, natural foods."

Cool.

Then what do I see?

An article on how eating meat..? Oh that's OK but eat it with saturated fat? It'll kill ya dead!

Oh *&% off!

AC

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
    In the interview they talk about studies and such but I have to wonder, with all the money thrown at such things, why is there not a much larger set of studies?

Why is it, even today after all the previous studies and "We can't be sure, more research is needed" results, that we don't just have a massive program of such studies to define the answer one way or another?

Right now it's just a hodge-podge of industry-funded research with more holes than a fishing net, research that raises more questions than it answers.

I'm sick of hearing how eggs will kill ya dead, then they're healthy, then they're only healthy if they're free-range, then it doesn't matter as long as they have extra omega 3, then how the O3 from such eggs can't be used, then a study saying it can, then another study saying it can't, then a study saying it can but only if free-range, then a study saying extra O3 doesn't work with free-range but does work with factory chickens, then another study saying eggs will kill ya dead anyway, then a study saying eggs are THE secret to a long life and sex into your 90's - but only organic ones with added sea algae from a little island off the coast of Italy, and only if you leave them under your sink next to a wet flannel for 2 weeks (you have to add some apple cider vinegar to the flannel or it could kill ya dead!) etc etc etc.

Just sick of it all.

So what do I do? I come to a site that says 'Just eat meat and veggies, some fruits, nuts, berries, natural foods."

Cool.

Then what do I see?

An article on how eating meat..? Oh that's OK but eat it with saturated fat? It'll kill ya dead!

Oh *&% off!

AC
    You captured my reaction exactly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast