Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is someone as difficulty with the adaptation? page

andreanne is offline Junior Member

Is someone as difficulty with the adaptation?

Shop Now
    Hi,

I've been on Primal for almost 1 month, and I don't feel any better at all. I didn't had this "switch" that one day everyone seems to wakeup as a new person with so much more energy. Instead, I've been soooooo tired and sick almost all the time. I got trouble sleeping, a torticollis, sinusite, I lost my voice (i'm a professionnal singer) and I had vomitting. I rarely have energy. Is that normal?

For the first 2 weeks of the "diet", a lost so much weight. I'm already thin, a was then so skinny. Also, my skin looked it was getting better & cleaner (cause I always had a bit of acne). But then, the next 2 weeks, I put back my lost pounds (wich is good) and my skin is not as clean as before.

I know that before I got Primal, I ate a lot of sugar and carbs and experienced those crazy after meal crashes, as bad as I could not even fonction normally for the whole evening.

Can you give me some advices? I can't wait to feel energized.

Thank you :-)

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    What do you eat on a typical day?

I will say, though, that sometimes it just takes longer, even if you're eating great, if your past diet was pretty bad or there are other issues you're dealing with.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    With vomiting and sinusitis I would say you have some bug.
    I can't see how cutting out grains, or what ever you did isn't going to make you vomit unless you added some food you were allergic too.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    vomiting, sinusitis, laryngitis, etc. are not signs of health. being sick makes you tired since your body is trying to repair itself. you should see a doctor. that being said, these are not caused by improving your diet, but something infectious.

if you're going low-carb at the same time (are you?) that may add to your lethargy, as your body switches from sugar-burning to fat-burning. what do you typically eat each day?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Ooh, I just remembered that vomitting (absent other "sick" symptoms) can also come from taking vitamins, especially B vitamins, on a relatively empty stomach.

Tried it once when I skipped breakfast, went to my work route, took my vitamins and promtly threw them up into a bush about 5 minutes later. Lesson learned.

But it really does sound like you just plain caught something.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Thanks for the answers... :-)

On a usual day, I'll have omelette for brakefast with few vegetables in it. With half a banana & almond butter.
    For lunch, I'll have a HUGE salad with a good source of protein such as chicken, shrimps or tuna.
    And for dinner, I'll have meat or fish or seafood with a big portion of vegetables or a salad on the side.
    I eat a lot of nuts as snacks, and I might have half an apple or few berries during the day.
    A bit of cheese sometimes, and dark chocolate, but just a bit... Is that ok?

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    are you eating enough? sounds like lots of lean protein? are you getting plenty of healthy fats too?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

I think so. I eat a looooot of nuts, and I use olive oil as base for my dressings. I have avocados almost everyday and fish few times a week. I eat big plates and i'm satisfied after everymeal. What should I add?

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you got laryngitis or tonsilitus at the same time you started Primal. Bad luck! Your food sounds healthy, at a glance. Nothing that would cause the illnesses you described. I'd say get your illness treated and keep up the Primal for another month.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Add fat. Avocado. Bacon (and save the bacon grease in a glass jar for when you make your omelette). Fatty meats.

Can you estimate how much meat you have at a sitting? A few bites? A huge portion?

I felt like crap for probably 2 weeks. Literally exhausted; never experienced anything like it, and I was already gluten free when I started Primal. I bet you caught a virus on top of the general old 'carb flu'.

Nothing you are doing is wrong. People eat like you are eating all of the time. Give it more time and perhaps see an MD for a throat culture or an exam at the minimum. Your decision on whether or not you tell them you started a primal lifestyle last month (they might just write you off or blame it on the fact you no longer eat sugar and grains).

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast