Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is someone as difficulty with the adaptation? page 2

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Cutting back on the nuts may help with your skin. I find that eating too many almonds makes me break out from the high omega-6 content.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andreanne View Post
    I think so. I eat a looooot of nuts, and I use olive oil as base for my dressings. I have avocados almost everyday and fish few times a week. I eat big plates and i'm satisfied after everymeal. What should I add?
    loooooooooots of nuts? nuts are a garnish, not a food group. a serving is an ounce, which is about 20 almonds. they are a very easy food to overeat.

cut back on the nuts and add animal fat. fattier cuts of meat, mackerel, coconut oil/butter, lard, tallow, etc.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

andreanne is offline Junior Member
    Thank you for your advices. I'm better now. Maybe just need some good sleep to get the energy back...
    And I eat a lot of avocados and bacon 2-3 times a week. Is there a limit for the bacon? I feel like the night I had vomitting it was a liver crisis cause a ate to much bacon... Is that possible?

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    No, it's because you were sick. Did you eat 5 lb of bacon? Primal / Paleo is normal food, I mean people have been eating it for a long long time.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    What tfarrny and I said...you were/are sick!
    Last edited by Dirlot; 10-02-2012 at 06:43 AM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

No, I just ate bacon in my omelet, then in my salad, and with my seafood creamy sauce...

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Have you calculated your macros just to make sure you're eating enough? It sounds like you're doing it right except for the nuts, but I did that for awhile, too. I agree with an actual sickness, not food, causing most of your problems.

And you say you are already thin, then got thinner. That's scary. You may or may not be designed for low-carb eating, and might want to try adding a few sweet potatoes to your day (minus other foods to avoid caloric surplus if appropriate) to see if that picks you up. It's possible you do not need to lose any weight, but are already fit for the maintenenace phase.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Why eating too much nuts isn't that good?

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Ooh, I just remembered that vomitting (absent other "sick" symptoms) can also come from taking vitamins, especially B vitamins, on a relatively empty stomach.

Tried it once when I skipped breakfast, went to my work route, took my vitamins and promtly threw them up into a bush about 5 minutes later. Lesson learned.

But it really does sound like you just plain caught something.
    Yeah I can't take vitamins on an empty stomach either. It makes me nauseous, plus I've read that you absorb them better when they're taken with food.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12