Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apparently Dr. Suess wasn't crazy! page

Drumroll is offline Senior Member

Apparently Dr. Suess wasn't crazy!

Primal Fuel
    Green eggs are very real. They come from "Americana" chickens.

In addition to a dozen regular eggs, I just picked up the last dozen of the green ones at my local farmer's market. According to the seller, they are smaller, but MUCH richer in flavor, to the point that some people say they are almost TOO flavorful. They are also, as a result, much higher in wonderful nutrient content.

Can't wait to crake into these bad boys when I make dinner and see what all the fuss is about!

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    When I visit my sister in the UK, blue/blue-green eggs are plentiful on the grocers' shelves. They too are smaller, richer, and brightly yolked. Taste like buttah, nomnom!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by SophieScreams View Post
    When I visit my sister in the UK, blue/blue-green eggs are plentiful on the grocers' shelves. They too are smaller, richer, and brightly yolked. Taste like buttah, nomnom!
    Are they from the same kind of chicken as the ones I got, you think? With a name like "Americana", I assumed that they were a variety of chicken that came from interbreeding of various chicken species here in the US, and I wasn't sure if they'd travelled across the ocean yet.

Ah well, live and learn. Looking forward to trying them!

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    The farmers I get my eggs from at the local farmers market regularly have green eggs. They tell me some people won't buy them....but they know I will! The color on the outside does not concern me. I'm much more interested in the color within.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Koozie View Post
    The farmers I get my eggs from at the local farmers market regularly have green eggs. They tell me some people won't buy them....but they know I will! The color on the outside does not concern me. I'm much more interested in the color within.
    My egg supplier seemed to say that the extra-rich flavor of the green eggs are too much for some people. It had less to do with the shell's color than the flavor of the eggs.

But hey, we eat high fat, primal meals. So rich flavor? Bring it on!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I think Dr. Seuss was referring to the eggs that are green on the inside. I cracked one open once and it was neon green inside. I definitely did not want to eat that.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 195 x 3

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Theres several breeds of Chickens that lay Blue eggs
    My Mom has some, I think there Cream Legbar's?

But others are Araucana, Americana & I think a couple others
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    there were some blue eggs at our farmers market this summer and she was having the toughest time selling them. i was happy to take 2 dozen.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Sounds okay... I am certainly not eating any green ham though.
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Blue eggs?

Nature be trollin'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast