Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes Craving Fish, Eggs, Meat page

MoiraineD is offline Junior Member

Sometimes Craving Fish, Eggs, Meat

Primal Fuel
    Why does this happen to me? My cravings for fish, eggs, and meat tend to be very much NOT related to calorie consumption...and I'm here from a low fat plant based cooked + raw diet. I'm not suffering from any deficiencies based on extensive, very broad-ranging blood tests that test for basically all nutrients!

I'm aware that most on here will say it is a problem of not having proper nutrition from eating vegan, but it only happens very occasionally. I eat the products and it vanishes. Can someone adequately explain why, potentially? Am I really lacking nutrients, or maybe temporarily lacking a nutrient or so?

I'm very tired lately, but for the past month I've had normal iron and caloric intakes. Why am I cravings fish, eggs, and meats?

ToldUzo is offline Senior Member
    Proteins, fat, B vitamins. It's natural to crave that - even if you have been eating it always. So from your low fat, plant based diet it makes even more sence your body wants more of it once in a while. Try to eat some liver too
    What on earth?! Take a walk on the wild side.

MoiraineD is offline Junior Member
    I'm really really craving it, I mean I'm dying here haha. But I feel bad, because I know it may not be healthy and I'm very worried about my health. When I ate meat in the past, for some reason I had pain in my breasts like when I have my periods, but a period wasn't the factor causing it. I was told that was bad for me...but what was it?

I take a supplement for my vitamins, and haven't been too low in either of the above two--but probably low compared to primal.

ToldUzo is offline Senior Member
    I have no idea why you got pain in your breasts from eating meat (if you are even sure that was what caused it). Maybe the meat was full of hormones? Have you tried eating exclusively organic meat?
    If you truly are afraid that the meat is bad for you, then stick to different kind of fish and some eggs...

Just remember that supplementing vitamines is not the same as getting it from real, whole foods. There is also the issue with bioavailabilty which is higher in some foods than others. If your body needs something it often will crave it.
    What on earth?! Take a walk on the wild side.

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I was a vegetarian for ~7 years before going primal, and I absolute CANNOT tolerate meat that isn't organic. I agree with the above poster-- go get yourself some grass-fed beef. Betcha your breasts don't hurt.

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    eat some fuckin meat bro, fuck them plants!
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Your vegan buddies will tell you that you crave meat because you haven't detoxed well enough. I say you need to commit a little stronger to your vegan diet.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    from my research blood test aren't really going to tell you if you deficient in something, you have to look at whats actually happening inside the cells and they don't have tests for that. I once heard someone say, "Well is it comin or is it goin?" "They says well we don't know!" If you've been on a low fat vegan diet, I would be willing to bet money that you got some deficiencies. I watched this happen to my brother. How are you going to absorb any kind of nutrition from something fibrous, we don't have necessary enzymes to break down cell walls. Do yourself a favor and go eat about a dozen raw eggs, drink a gallon of raw milk, and eat a 2 pound steak. Now that my friend is nutritious.
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Your body will crave real food, like fish, eggs, meat... in order to provide you with real nutrition.

Listen to your body. Real food is not bad for your health - relying on GMO grains, soy, and pseudo food is.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    if you're craving healthy foods, eegads, eat them!!! there is no way that you are fully up to healthy levels of minerals and nutrients after years of a low-fat vegan diet. supplements in pill form MAY help, but are no substitute.

if you're feeling conflicted about what you should eat, and why, do some more reading here and other sites like chris kesser and peter atta, just for starters. dr. eades will help you too, although he is more low-carb than primal.

there is nothing unhealthy about animal protein. we evolved as omnivores. we should eat some of everything.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast