Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flu page

Lucy is offline Member

Flu

Primal Fuel
    What are your thoughts on receiving the flu shot?

Paleobird Guest
    My thoughts are, "Oh please, Let's not have this debate again". We did this last year. And the year before. It gets ugly quickly.

But, if you want to do it again, carry on.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    lol, i am not an old person or a baby with a weak immune system. i don't believe in them.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I also have an immune system that works. Haven't had a cold or flu for about 15 months now.

Last time I had a flu shot it made some chronic inflammatory conditions much much worse.

So I'll pass ta very much.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Three points:

1) A truly healthy person does not need a flu shot.
    2) (I believe) There is nothing necessarily harmful about the actual vaccine. (dead viruses)
    3) (I believe) The use of mercury in the form of thymerisol to preserve vaccines is harmful to our health.

Tercio is offline Senior Member
    I'm still undecided myself but there is vaccine without Thimerosal. From CDC - Seasonal Influenza (Flu) - Questions & Answers - Thimerosal and 2012-2013 Seasonal Flu Vaccines.

"Since seasonal influenza vaccine is produced in large quantities for annual immunization campaigns, some of the vaccine is produced in multi-dose vials, and contains thimerosal to safeguard against possible contamination of the vial once it is opened.

The single-dose units are made without thimerosal as a preservative because they are intended to be opened and used only once. Additionally, the live-attenuated version of the vaccine (the nasal spray vaccine), is produced in single-dose units and does not contain thimerosal."

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    although i was always, always sick with respiratory ailments, i've never had a flu. people often confuse a horrible cold for the flu. 3+ years of no grains or legumes and i haven't had even a sniffle.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I had flu once, when I was a student, and it was going around at the time. I woke up with very stiff joints and aching all over, was unable to walk and had to crawl to the bathroom to throw up. I felt like I was going to die, and was truly scared. I even phoned my GP practice - requesting a home visit, which was refused.

I had made a complete recovery within 2 days.

I missed a tutorial and my biochem tutor gave me a lecture on how people confuse a bad cold for flu.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Grizz is offline Banned
    I have never had a flu shot. Never had the flu, either.

Take care of your immune system with Vitamin D3 and you won't need to worry about a cold or the Flu
    Avoid Flu Shots, Take Vitamin D Instead by Donald W. Miller, Jr., MD
    Epidemic of Vitamin D deficiency sweeping the world

Vitamin D3 Report:
    http://tinyurl.com/Vitamin-D-Report

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 09-30-2012 at 02:42 PM.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Every year I have succumbed to the flu shot - free to bad asthmatics etc..... but this year I didn't. I was exposed to the actual flu (through living with family members, and yea it was definately the flu - high temp, aching bones, the whole nine yards), in fact the whole pod got it - 'cept me.
    I jumped straight to the primal conclusion, and am sticking with it ! As an aside, my asthma does seem to be getting better with this lifestyle.
    So my belief is why put something into your body, that you haven't prepared yourself, grown yourself etc...just my thoughts !
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast