Thread: Paleo / Primal TV shows. Do any exist? Maybe I could make one. page

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member

Paleo / Primal TV shows. Do any exist? Maybe I could make one.

Primal Fuel
    I worked 22 years in TV before being laid from FOX TV. I have many friends who were also laid off from there. I also have friends who still work there. And finally, I have an ex girlfriend who is a producer / seller of shows to cable TV, who I am still good friends with.

If I wanted to, it wouldn't be too hard for me to make a TV show based on this lifestyle once I truly understand it better - I am only on day 6, and was reading about it for several days before I started. Maybe it could be pitched to the cooking channel, or PBS.

Does such a show exist? If so, can you tell me about it?

If you don't know of any, but think that this would be a good idea, let me know what you would like to see in a show like that. I'm not saying I will do this, but it doesn't hurt to think about the possibilities.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Look up UCTV prime the skinny on obesity, fatswitchbook.com
    Those two will teach how fructose affects the body and why. Paleo wise, fructose signals the body to put on fat for winter. Now we eat it year round.

On grains YouTube dr Peter Osborne. He does Fox News interviews in Houston on the affect of grains.

On LDL and carbs ‘Bad cholesterol’: It’s not what you think - Health - Heart health | NBC News see dr Krauss

Also YouTube ancestrial health symposium. You'll find Mark Sisson there as well
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I remember there being a primal cooking show in the works a while back, something along the lines of Iron Chef or Chopped for Groks, but I'm not sure whatever happened to it.

Other than that, the closest on the air right now is Primal Grill with Steven Raichlen, which isn't technically our kind of primal. But since it's about cooking (mostly) meat over an open flame outdoors using traditional methods going back sometimes thousands of years, it comes out that way most of the time.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com