Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how much red meat page

PandaRose is offline Member

how much red meat

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i understand the value of it, espeially of the high quality grass fed stuff. but isnt it still kind of tough on our digestive system? im trying to plan my meals for the week and am wondering how many times a week it is okay to eat red meat?

peril is offline Senior Member
    Meat is not tough on the digestive system
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Oh the myths the newbies all have!

Last weekend I brought a cooked steak on a hike. The original protein bar.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    eat meat often. preferably oogly bits and not just lean muscle meat.

i always feel really good after i eat some and for many hours after. until it's time to have some more.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Eh, whatever you feel like. We're not huge beef eaters in my house, I'd say we have it once or twice a week. But we're not hung up on it so once in a while it's more like four or five times a week. Nothing to worry about. Just make sure you get some good fish in!

Yaya76 is offline Junior Member
    I actually had the same question. I'm recovering from cancer and the primal/paleo diet is my naturopathic doc's idea. So, far my research of this diet has been positive, but I'm concerned about the inflammation from eating meat. I'm just learning about this lifestyle and I'm sure in a year I'll be laughing at myself for being so concerned.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Meat will not cause inflammation. Seed products, like grains and grain based oils, or soy, will cause inflammation. As someone with an autoimmune disorder I can flare over trivial things, but I've never been bothered by a steak.

Tonight I took 3lbs of ground beef out of the freezer to make meatloaf tomorrow, plus 2lbs of stew beef for the slow cooker. Some of that might make it to Tuesday, but unlikely, and it's just myself to feed at the moment.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

The Superwag is offline Junior Member
    If you listen to your body after meals and especially the next day, you'll start to recognize different signs. For me, I always feel like Supergirl after eating Liver, Lamb, Cod and Eggs. I guess they are just foods that my body is happy with. I love bacon/pork, but pig products and chicken never make me feel that great the next day. At least I notice no kind of extra 'boost'.

Listen to your body after eating red meat and decide what messages it may be telling you.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Its been known for over a hundred years that meat is broken down by stomach acid and entirely digested in the stomach in about an hour. It doesn't make it to the small intestine. The myth that steak rots in your stomach is a piece of vegetarian propoganda.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    eat all the fucking red meat you want motherfucker!
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast