Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: how much red meat page 4

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by paul900 View Post
    I do agree. I have a degree in science and did some modules on nutrition.

The problem with these kinds of studies is that they don't particularly tell us that red meat is the culprit. We know that the people that supposedly ate more red meat than the other people developed more cancer but we don't know about their other food intakes or their other lifestyle choices. It's not something that would hold up in a court of law BUT it is something to think about and I wouldn't immediately dismiss it either. Isn't it best to err on the side of caution and just not take as much red meat just in case??

In my opinion, yes.
    I would say there is enough observational evidence to considering limiting your red meat, or at least making sure it is the highest quality and best cooked possible. There is no hard evidence, however, that concludes that red meat is bad for you and should be limited.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    I have yet to find a study which compares exercising, non-smoking, healthy whole grain CW eaters to exercising, non-smoking, unprocessed, fried in saturated fat, grassfed meat.
    Billie trips balls

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paul900 View Post
    I do agree. I have a degree in science and did some modules on nutrition.

The problem with these kinds of studies is that they don't particularly tell us that red meat is the culprit. We know that the people that supposedly ate more red meat than the other people developed more cancer but we don't know about their other food intakes or their other lifestyle choices. It's not something that would hold up in a court of law BUT it is something to think about and I wouldn't immediately dismiss it either. Isn't it best to err on the side of caution and just not take as much red meat just in case??

In my opinion, yes.
    I'd rather give something my all and die, than do something half assed and live half assed
    Billie trips balls

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234