Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pretty dramatic results right out of the gate page

shep68 is offline Senior Member

Pretty dramatic results right out of the gate

Primal Fuel
    So I've only just signed up and posted my "meet and greet" thread, but I've had such good results eating Paleo for the past two and a half months that I felt obliged to post here as well. I am a work in progress obviously and plan to keep losing weight and getting healthier. So far I have lost 20lbs and two pant sizes. Those 2X and 3X shirts I used to wear are starting to hang off my body now which means I'll have to replace my wardrobe completely one of these days. That kind of stinks but it'll be money spent with a smile on my face I guess. I'm due for some blood work the end of Oct., but the doc already cut out my cholesterol pill and by Dec. I want to be off the BP pill too. He's onboard with the idea so that's good.

I buy bulk meat from a butcher but to save cost I don't get his organic grass fed stuff which would prob be better I know. Still his meats are lean and taste awesome. Living on steaks, roasts, burger, chops, ribs, briskets and so on is just fine by me...grew up and have lived in ranch states most of my life. Also do lot's of chicken, some pork and fish, about 10-15 eggs per week and mostly the frozen bags of the right kind of veggies with every meal. I eat fresh fruits but don't overdo it as I'm on a weight loss mission. Snack on nuts, olives, pickles, peppers and deli meats when I have the urge. Haven't touched a grain or legume since starting and don't miss them anymore. About 1/2 way through the second week I was feeling nauseous and lost appetite, but I powered my way through it and after three or four days it was over. Since then no problem sticking to the plan. I'm now a true believer and recommend this lifestyle to anybody thinking about it. The weight loss is a little bit slower now, but I'm looking to be down another 20 or so by Dec/Jan. I'll post some before and after pics at that time so newbies can see just what eating this way can do for you.

Silky is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations. Well done on yur weightlossand renewed health.

Grokdaddy is offline Senior Member
    You my friend just found the fountain of youth have fun and keep us posted on your progress.
    All time high weight 262 lbs
    Primal since Spring 2012
    Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
    Current Weight: 220lbs ish
    Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
    All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

TheodoraB. is offline Member
    Congratulations ! It's a very good start !

I'm not on grass-fed animal for the moment but I commit to eating Primal the best that I can and that alone already makes a big difference. One step at a time...
    Do your best and it will be just fine.

Keep on groking !
    “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” ― George Bernard Shaw

Female 5'6.5"
    Grok since 08-25-2012
    Before Primal : 198 lbs
    CW : 176.8 lbs

Calorie Counter

catholicchick is offline Senior Member
    TheodoraB. +1
    Height - 5'8"
    SW - 191
    CW - 162
    GW - 155

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Well done shep68! Based on my experience you will settle in at a 1 to 2 lb. average weight loss per week. Some weeks you will not loose anything then the next week you will drop 3 or 4 lbs. As you get closer to your goal weight you will need to start making sure your daily total calories is below your resting metabolic rate to maintain fat loss. I started out at 213 lbs in March and now weigh 167 - so it works if you stick with it. Wishing you all the best!

bettylamb24 is offline Junior Member
    I forgot images have to be approved

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Well done shep68! Based on my experience you will settle in at a 1 to 2 lb. average weight loss per week. Some weeks you will not loose anything then the next week you will drop 3 or 4 lbs.
    This is about where I'm at right now. Was stuck at a certain weight and then after week and 1/2 down another 3 this a.m. Had to shop for another pair of pants today and down one more size to boot. Nice. I'm loving this so far.

Nike0536 is offline Junior Member
    Started 6 weeks ago. Was 250, 6'4".

Dropped 15 in the first 2 weeks.

Down to 228 now. And haven't lost any of my strength in the gym. Did not think it would be this quick. Unbelievable.

(I'm still 6'4") :-)

Had a disastrous cheat day three weeks ago. Ate pizza......and spent a good part of the afternoon on the "throne".

PrimalCon New York
    Just went past my 3 month mark, and am down a total of 26 lbs. I feel outstanding and am on track to hit my first goal (250 lbs) w/in the next month, month and a half. From there I'm looking at 230 but first things first. This has changed my whole life. This time next year I could be down to college weight!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast