Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Rant on Modern Life page 3

doublehelix is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pjgh View Post
    You know what? I bet there's a stack of people who think you're beautiful the way you are.

If you want to "be" somewhere else, you can be ... that is the power of self-motiation that comes about from a confidence that you are doing the right thing. You are! I think you might be a little too stressed about it and not enjoying the ride, hoping for the end.

I don't want to sound all zen about this, but I've been pointed at before for doing this ... the slow route is the permanent route; it's also the most scenic. You could get down to ideal weight in 6 months doing whatever it is necessary to do that, or you could genuinely understand yourself, your activity, your expenditure of physical and emotional energy and feel that accordingly, narrowing and understanding the bands until you drop into your groove.

So, you've thought about it ... you have goals ... go and score them! Do the direct opposite, occasionally, fast, hike several miles, even tens of miles fasted, walk, don't run, walk fast, walk uphill, walk controlled downhill, find the shortest way up and down, find the longest way around. Don't look for rewards at the end, seek the journey as its own reward. Shit, there I go again, getting all zen about it.

You follow ...

Whatever you did to get here, do the opposite, then do the same again. Don't eat crap, don't drink poison and don't poison your life through work stress.

Thank you for what you said. I mean it. I think I know what the problems are, and some of them are outside my ability to control them, but I know what is going on. I always blame myself, always thinking I am accountable for it all, but now I think we control very little in our lives. The problem is finding how.

My life is about survival. It is a constant mode. I don't eat or drink poison, but I think the jobs have been poisoning me. I am tired of the Sword of Damocles being over my head with them. We all know it is not enough to show up to work, be competent, get along, be polite. They want something more and those with power are abusing it. I saw it every day with several of the jobs I had. I had coworkers who were abusing drugs, and they put it in my face, like, "go ahead and tell" because the boss puts them in charge of you if you are new. Yep, in my profession, you are always under your coworkers. I've seen some bomb anyone who comes in new. Nothing like keeping things lean, so they can be indispensable.

I have been beat up by life, by selfish, narcissistic people.

So I want to get off that merry-go-round. I can't change everyone. I know I have a different mindset.

Which is what I see with a lot of you on here... this Paleo thing is far more than eating, it is your window on life.

Thank you and you have a marvelous blog, by the way....I will have to try some of those recipes!

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Thank you - enjoy the food. You see I don't "do" recipes, but have a gentle read and follow your nose with whatever you have to hand.

Work stress is a killer. Try to engage with a sneer. Remember ... YOU'RE the predator; they're the prey.

doublehelix is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by pjgh View Post
    Thank you - enjoy the food. You see I don't "do" recipes, but have a gentle read and follow your nose with whatever you have to hand.

Work stress is a killer. Try to engage with a sneer. Remember ... YOU'RE the predator; they're the prey.
    Thanks, and I will remember that line! I love it.

You're a creative chef!

I made a vegetable soup with a soup bone...they are hard to find, but worth it, and next time, I am trying fatty beef short ribs. I put cabbage, onion, carrots, parsley, and celery in it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123