Thread: Omega 3 and 6 page

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member

Omega 3 and 6

Primal Fuel
    As long as the ratio of above is good does it matter what the quantity consumed is?
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    As long as the ratio of above is good does it matter what the quantity consumed is?
    Based on the divergent/contradictory conclusions of countless studies, I would say no one really knows the answer to your question. Just like no one knows for sure if saturated fat causes CVD, or if high LDL-C causes CVD, or if large LDL particles are less harmful than small ones, etc, etc, etc. This has been a real awakening to me since I started my PB journey. My approach is to read what folks like Mark Sisson, Chris Masterjohn, Kurt Harris, Chris Kresser, etc say about certain topics. After a while you begin to develop a level of confidence in what they have to say about various topics. Often they disagree among themselves, but mostly on the finer points. To your specific question, I stopped taking Omega 3 supplements and now depend on eating sardines and skipjack tuna 4-5 times per week and I keep balanced with 6's by largely eliminating them from my diet. It makes sense to me from a simple chemical reaction perspective that PUFA's are inherently unstable and I do not want to eat them. I believe Chris Kresser says to keep total PUFA's to less than 2-4% of your calories.