Thread: Just went on big sugar binge...what to do? page

Nucci93 is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Just went on big sugar binge...what to do?

Hi guys, I just went to a "second" dinner today with my Jewish friends like I do every friday. I decided to eat before the dinner so I wouldn't eat during their dinner, but I ended up eating again anyway. (Very depressed today because I haven't been able to legitimately workout in over year. Hurt my rotator cuff 3 weeks ago and was pain free for a couple days, but I slept on it by accident and now it's in excruciating pain so I was stressed and in a terrible mood today blah blah...I ultimately ended up having around 2 cookies, a big piece of pie, and 3 other pieces of cookie-like dessert.) Basically, I went on a huge binge tonight and want to know how to recover. I usually follow IF (16-18 hours), but I figured maybe this would be a good time to do either a 24 hour fast or even a 36 hour (always wanted to try it). What do you guys think? I stopped eating around 10:15 today . Thanks a lot!

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    You're human, just like the rest of us.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and climb back on the wagon. Do what has worked for you in the past. I tend to have trouble fasting (IF) when I've had carbs - so I go for high fat, minimal-but-adequate protein, and plenty of fat. Then I can fast, no sweat. But that's me ... you may well be different.

Everybody slips up/screws up/whatever you want to call it sometimes. What's important is what you do after it.

The fact you asked for advice on how to get back is a really good sign.

Jena is offline Senior Member
    I just eat extra clean for a few days following the binge. I have had 2 since beginning primal 4.5 months ago. I only recently have begun to do any intermittent fasting. The longest I have gone is 24 hours, not to say I (or you) couldn't go longer. I just don't know that a bunch of sugar is the best thing for you to have before not eating for a day and a half. How long have you been doing primal? Are you certain that you are fat adapted?
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    lash yourself with a barbed cat o nine

no, but seriously, you're okay
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Thanks for all your responses guys. It's awesome to hear support from people that understand. To Jena: I have probably only gone primal for a week and a half, so no, I'm not. I really think the reason I binged was because I was in such a terrible mood. Not exercising in a year has really done a number on me, especially since it's my passion. I'll definitely get back on track tomorrow. I think I'm just going to go for my normal IF and break it around 2:30 and just have two "smallish" meals then start back over. I did this last week also, which is why I'm pretty upset about it

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    I got my signature quote from a wise member who well understands this problem.
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Don't beat yourself up. It happens. If it makes you feel better I had a lot benefits and success with primal without doing much exercise at all. No injury, just lazy, lol. I still had more energy, lost weight, and felt clearer, mentally speaking. I am exercising now and am not downplaying its importance at all though. I found it too hard to do an IF before I was fat adapted... I would just get too hungry and grouchy. Now it's no problem you'll do great. We all fall off the wagon at some time... focus on the fact that you got back on
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

Awesome quote and thanks again Jena! I'm gonna get back on that wagon tomorrow! Keep up the good work!

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Like said,
    Put the whip away, unless you're into S&M then go for it and enjoy the whipping.
    Primal is not just diet, it is exercise, lifestyle and mental attitudes.
    If your headspace is still stuck in shame, guilt and penance, then really no amount of good food can help you.
    Just move on, don't make any attachments to your cookie binge, it was sweet, tasty, unhealthy but you had a good time with friends and now its passed and your moving forward.

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't fast after a sugar binge. Your body needs some good nutrients now more than ever-- don't deprive it! Eat a lot of salad and veggies to help heal, and get some fat in there. Get some kale, sweet potatoes, lettuce in your system...the all star good-health team, you know?

For me, going primal has meant exercising less. I ditched chronic cardio cuz it left me tired constantly. TBH I am in a period of wagon-falling when it comes to strength training, I haven't lifted in a month (shameful I know)...just sayin' don't let not being able to exercise ruin your life. Let your shoulder heal... and we'll all float on okay!!